Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yes, it's foggy (~~Warning, contains rant~~)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I haven't had a good futile rant on here for quite some time, so here goes...

Why is it, when there is any more than one molecule of condensed water vapour per cubic kilometre in the air, half of England's drivers think it's time to put their fog lights on?

• It is illegal to have your fog lights on if there is visibilty greater than 100m. I think, in 11 years of driving, I've used mine once; for about ten minutes. If you can see the car that is 20 cars in front of you and he hasn't got his fog lights on then you don't need yours on. If you can see the fecking moon, you don't need your foglights on. OK?

• It makes it much harder to see whether your braking, so you're likely to get one of the many idiots who drive too close to the car infront inserted into you arse at any moment

• It dazzles the driver behind.

Most annoyingly, they seem to leave them on for a month afterwards. :angry:

larus

Top rant - one of my pets hates as well.

Then when you flash your fog lights (front or back) at them, they still don't twig. Must be too complicated for their brain-cell out to work out why I'm flashing my fog lights.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Quality rant

I think some people do it because they think it looks cool. WTF when you see someone driving, in the dark, with sidelights and foglights on, no main or dipped beams? Twats.

And as for those who can't get round to switching them off after a mild bit of mist, jeez, isn't the dirty great red light on your dash telling you your foglights are on annoying you?

Audi/VW and I guess Seat/Skoda cars automatically switch off your fog lights when you switch off your lights, so if you see one of them driving around with front foglights on with no fog, then you know they are doing it on purpose. It's a shame BMFWs don't have the same feature.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Most cars have a single foglight on the back to avoid the brake/foglight confusion.

Mine has this. I still agree with the rant though.

Equally as annoying, and perhaps twice as leathal are drivers that don't use any lights at all in the fog - do they want to die?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Almost as bad as drivers who carry on driving at speed in fog because they know the road and obviously have x ray vision and small brains

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Most cars have a single foglight on the back to avoid the brake/foglight confusion.

i've always thought that they do this to save a little money, with the reverse light in the same place on the other light cluster. higher end models and marques tend to have two of each.

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
Equally as annoying, and perhaps twice as leathal are drivers that don't use any lights at all in the fog - do they want to die?

Spot on! Same is true for poor visability, rain, dark mornings/dark evenings. Car lights are not just for drivers to see where they are going - they are also for other drivers to see you coming!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
If its safe to do so, anyone who drives round with fog light spots turned on in good weather gets a continuous blast of main beam from me. Sure is a good way of dispersing anger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here