Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yeovil game- what we need more than anything else

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
...PATIENCE.

I can already see it, we all turn up, still on a high after Saturday, and we end up still 0-0 at half time, after coming up against a nine man Yeovil defence. At which point a few of the moaning voices kick in.

The natural cynicism brought on by 24 years of watching the Albion leaves me confident that next week cannot possibly be as good as last week, therefore I'd like to appeal for everyone, in the event that we're not 18-0 up at the break, to remain patient and stay behind the team :thumbsup:

For once, drown out the moaning old farts in the South who complain about a couple of sideways passes, and let's make sure Poyet knows the vast majority DO know what we're trying to do and that we appreciate it. You can't win 4-0 every week, so I very much hope the usual idiots aren't going to get on anyone's back again if we find Yeovil harder to break down.

So let's all remain patient, my friends, get behind the team, appreciate their good football, and hopefully three points will follow. That is all :thumbsup:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Shame you can't nick and remove the moaners for public disorder offences.

Serioulsy though it's not just limited to the south.The north has it's fair share of them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
well said Edna but I'm afraid you're pissing in the wind if you think the moaners can be subdued. I'm sure we will find Saturday a much tougher proposition against a robust and deep defence and it will be interesting to see what Gus does tactically to counter it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Old cynic that I am, I just can't help feeling that life couldn't get any better after Charlton, therefore the only way is down. Not down the table as such, just in terms of performance. Such is the expectation we now have to manage :lolol:

So I just want everyone to stick with the team and with Poyet whatever happens, that's all. Many of the younger fans in particular seem to have expectations out of all proportion with our status in recent years, but then again I guess that reflects society's instant gratification culture as much as anything else.

We won't win every week, nobody does, but that won't stop the clueless on here ranting after every failure to pick up three points, even if we were ten points clear. A bit of perspective is called for, along with the patience!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
well said Edna but I'm afraid you're pissing in the wind if you think the moaners can be subdued. I'm sure we will find Saturday a much tougher proposition against a robust and deep defence and it will be interesting to see what Gus does tactically to counter it.
They've lost 3 out 6 away games and conceded 10 goals.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

long ball :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
...PATIENCE.

I can already see it, we all turn up, still on a high after Saturday, and we end up still 0-0 at half time, after coming up against a nine man Yeovil defence. At which point a few of the moaning voices kick in.

Edna...the moaning will start at 3 minutes 21 seconds in, when El Abd will pass the ball to a team mate in what could be construed as a "sideways" fashion.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They've lost 3 out 6 away games and conceded 10 goals.

Which is EXACTLY the sort of team we could come unstuck against :lolol:

They are crap away from home, conceding loads, so what else is their manager going to do but pack the defence and play for a tedious draw? It could be very attritional, which is why the team need to be patient as well as the fans.

Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled and delighted if we got another cracking win, and I sincerely hope that is the case, but a lifetime of supporting Brighton & Hove Albion (as opposed to Chelsea or Man United) means that my mindset always leads me to expect a rude awakening at any point. Now is no different :lolol:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
They will come and put 10 behind the ball and try and hit us on the break like all teams at Withdean have done so far. That will mean moans and groans which will lead to arguments between fans, its they way the rest of the season is going to pan out at home.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Exactly right, Edna. You look at clubs who actually win stuff. They know that to win championships/get promoted, a scrappy 1-0 against a poor side can be the difference at the end of the season.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
I agree. I think I read on another post that it was great to hear the "ole's" from the start at the Charlton game. A sure way to shut up the moaners about the ball not being hoofed foward is to do this at every opportunity, showing Gus and the players that we appreciate the team retaining possession and awaiting the right opportunity to play the ball forward.

This what I shall be doing form the South stand on Saturday..

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Ole's at Chalrton showed our appreciation for Gus' game perfectly, not sure if we'll be able to get that going at Withdean though. :lol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we are the team kicking off on Saturday, I will stand up and BELLOW iOle! as Murray taps it (slightly SIDEWAYS and possibly even BACKWARDS) to Barnes, or whoever it may be.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
They are crap away from home, conceding loads, so what else is their manager going to do but pack the defence and play for a tedious draw? ...
Exactly. I'm not even expecting them to come up to the half-way line for the coin-toss; their captain will just yell "TAILS!" from the edge of the penalty area.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Exactly. I'm not even expecting them to come up to the half-way line for the coin-toss; their captain will just yell "TAILS!" from the edge of the penalty area.

They would deserve a head start for the sheer brilliance of their captian if he did this, it would really make my dad :lolol:

And we'd still win 2-1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here