Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yay!!! The hosepipe ban is being lifted!

It stays in place out our way, here in East Sussex - we're in the South East Water area, not Southern Water.

Hosepipe bans to be lifted | Environment | guardian.co.uk

South East Water, Sutton and East Surrey Water, Veolia Water Central and Veolia Water Southeast confirmed last week that their hosepipe bans would remain in place. The companies say their supplies are heavily dependent on ground water resources, which remain significantly or even severely depleted.

Groundwater levels are still below normal, with some areas needing 140% of long-term rainfall this winter to recover fully and rising demands on water resources are still also putting increasing strain on the UK's water supply.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
It stays in place out our way, here in East Sussex - we're in the South East Water area, not Southern Water.

Hosepipe bans to be lifted | Environment | guardian.co.uk

South East Water, Sutton and East Surrey Water, Veolia Water Central and Veolia Water Southeast confirmed last week that their hosepipe bans would remain in place. The companies say their supplies are heavily dependent on ground water resources, which remain significantly or even severely depleted.

Groundwater levels are still below normal, with some areas needing 140% of long-term rainfall this winter to recover fully and rising demands on water resources are still also putting increasing strain on the UK's water supply.

Really? Here in Brighton it's Southern Water!

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
I,m in Newhaven & get a bill from both Southern & South East so how do I stand (or am I being mugged by one of these two)?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not before time, my grass is like the sahara. Will be glad of a sprinkle.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I,m in Newhaven & get a bill from both Southern & South East so how do I stand (or am I being mugged by one of these two)?

There's a map on Southern Water's website showing the different areas. Large parts of Sussex get their water from South East but their Sewerage from Southern.

areaOfOperation2.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The same as Haywards Heath the fresh water is supplied by SE Water hence their bill and the sewage is disposed of by S Water which is based on a percentage of the water SE supply. so I was told. by both companies. Hence their bill. Not sure about your area coud be the other way around but that is what HH is.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here