Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

X factor

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I too was pinned down by 2 females on the sofa ;-)).....also has to watch that crap. Did anyone notice a guy having a word in the leprechaun's ear just prior to the vote? It's all a set up and an insult to our intelligence. I'm taking up knitting!!!!

Yea i saw this and straight away thought fix...

The girl was note perfect in the song off compared to that awful guy.

Ella Henderson is pure class anyway and should win...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yea i saw this and straight away thought fix...

I've been hearing about this from the girls in the office who watch this shite. What I can't understand is why everyone is so up in arms and aghast at it being "a fix" or "not actually a singing contest." I thought we all knew this years ago, which coincided with me not watching this shite anymore. This seems about as SHOCKING as when H from Steps came out!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I've been hearing about this from the girls in the office who watch this shite. What I can't understand is why everyone is so up in arms and aghast at it being "a fix" or "not actually a singing contest." I thought we all knew this years ago, which coincided with me not watching this shite anymore. This seems about as SHOCKING as when H from Steps came out!

It is shit, but some of us to watch it to save the grief from the other half... If you cant beat em join em...

Even as shit as it is and how staged it is... It would be nice if the judges had the sense to actually vote out the worst singers. Surely that's kind of the basics.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
We have an agreement in my house. She watches whatever she wants and I either put up with it or leave the room and do something that does not numb my brain (which I do often). However when the footy is on she records whatever she wants and leaves the room why I watch what I want. Works quite well. I then bring up the recorded programmes and demonstrate to her how much shit she watches. Xfactor, Downton, Icey skate, Katy , Peter, Pikey girls and so on totally beyond me but thats up to her.

What gets me is the people on here that complain about it.You do not have to stay in front the tele and get sucked in. Find something to do that stretches your mind rather than kills it. Teach yourself a skill, read a book, go for a walk, get a mistress what ever, you do not have to do it.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I dont watch anything other than sport usually... However one bit of braindead tv like xfactor i can handle... Anymore and i do walk..

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Obviously women are great - but Jesus Christ they are responsible for some rubbish that us blokes have to deal with.

1. Boy Bands - generally funded by women
2. Crap tv - X-Factor and all the rest
3. Celebrity magazines

No women...none of the above. But then none of the other benefits. So I guess we're stuck with it :annoyed:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

This

We have an agreement in my house. She watches whatever she wants and I either put up with it or leave the room and do something that does not numb my brain (which I do often). However when the footy is on she records whatever she wants and leaves the room why I watch what I want. Works quite well. I then bring up the recorded programmes and demonstrate to her how much shit she watches. Xfactor, Downton, Icey skate, Katy , Peter, Pikey girls and so on totally beyond me but thats up to her.

What gets me is the people on here that complain about it.You do not have to stay in front the tele and get sucked in. Find something to do that stretches your mind rather than kills it. Teach yourself a skill, read a book, go for a walk, get a mistress what ever, you do not have to do it.

And this too.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wasn't the main controversy that Louis originally voted to keep the bird in (and said so twice)? Whilst she celebrated with relief Louis must have then got a nudge from the producers and realised his mistake - it also seemed that Dermot was steering him at this stage - and suddenly shouted 'I'm taking it to Deadlock!' Presumably in the knowledge that the comically bad singer was not last in the phone vote, and that he'd make them loads of money with people voting to keep him on each week - a bit like they did with Jedward and whoever last year's comedy shit act was.

D

Deleted member 18477

X factor is hilarious! Rylan to win!

The judges crack me up. One minute it's a singing competition the next it's more about about entertainment.

Then one minute their decision is based on the sing off and the next it's who they think would sell more records/all the past performances from the show or who they want to see next week or who has the X factor, whatever that means!

The judges haven't got a clue! :lol:

Nicole was obviously told by the producers to stick Rylan through to the live shows for publicity and guess what Louis got a whisper in the ear to be told to take it to deadlock as the producers knew Rylan would go through again and that would get them more publicity.

It seems to work every year. Year after year! There's even a thread on NSC FFS! Cowell wins again. Complete genius!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Can't watch it any more. It used to be about talented singers getting a break but since they introduced live auditions that doesn't matter any more. Now more about getting on the tv than talent.

jedward were the beginning of the end - utterly talentless wankers who were hyped up to the max.

oh and how many times will Dermot O'Dreary say "after the break" in this series?

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Wasn't the main controversy that Louis originally voted to keep the bird in (and said so twice)? Whilst she celebrated with relief Louis must have then got a nudge from the producers and realised his mistake - it also seemed that Dermot was steering him at this stage - and suddenly shouted 'I'm taking it to Deadlock!' Presumably in the knowledge that the comically bad singer was not last in the phone vote, and that he'd make them loads of money with people voting to keep him on each week - a bit like they did with Jedward and whoever last year's comedy shit act was.

Absolutely this. They need to have a novelty act in every year and Rylan's it. The producers probably ordered him to take it to deadlock.

It wouldn't surprise me if Rylan WAS actually last in the vote, the makers of the show need their novelty act to stay in for a few weeks or the ratings might fall.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It wouldn't surprise me if Rylan WAS actually last in the vote, the makers of the show need their novelty act to stay in for a few weeks or the ratings might fall.

No chance. The telephone vote is the one thing they cannot risk cheating, after past scandals. they'd have to refund all the money, if found out, for starters, and there's no way they'd risk that - its the entire point of the show.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's a shame its such a shower of balls as the general premise of the show was, once upon a time, VERY entertaining to me. (I'm 25 so didnt experience the 80's boom of entertainment talent shows). Popstars when it first emerged was a really exciting 'new' concept for my tv viewing.

When the auditions used to be held in a quiet room I used to LOVE it. The moment it HYPERBOWLED into live audiences for auditions and 'the only way is essex' styled pre-song VT, it was SHYTE.

The funny thing is I'm not going to sit here and make the over-exaggerated statement that all the talent is terrible, because it's not.

From the 6 or so performances I saw there were some VERY good singers in there. The kid who couldn't stop giggling had massive potential and the 16 year old girl can certainly belt them out and there was a guy called Kye or Kyle and he was quite good.

And, sadly, the woman voted out was FIT innit.

D

Deleted member 18477

It's a shame its such a shower of balls as the general premise of the show was, once upon a time, VERY entertaining to me. (I'm 25 so didnt experience the 80's boom of entertainment talent shows). Popstars when it first emerged was a really exciting 'new' concept for my tv viewing.

When the auditions used to be held in a quiet room I used to LOVE it. The moment it HYPERBOWLED into live audiences for auditions and 'the only way is essex' styled pre-song VT, it was SHYTE.

The funny thing is I'm not going to sit here and make the over-exaggerated statement that all the talent is terrible, because it's not.

From the 6 or so performances I saw there were some VERY good singers in there. The kid who couldn't stop giggling had massive potential and the 16 year old girl can certainly belt them out and there was a guy called Kye or Kyle and he was quite good.

And, sadly, the woman voted out was FIT innit.

Rylan's performance was also VERY good. Really hope the lad wins!

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
[sticksneckout] Its between Ella and James Arthur. [/sticksneckout]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here