Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

X-Box 360

John Byrne

Jun 18, 2007
Yep had it twice.....on my 3rd xbox in just over a year. They repair it for free or you can try you luck taking it back to where you brought it. Thats what i did and got lucky, getting a new one each time.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
They are picking it up today, to be honest quite impressed with the service, apprently they have extended the warrentys to 3years because of this problem

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

LockStock

Jan 29, 2008
Sussex
my little brother had that problem, we got it fixed for free but brought a fan that just slots onto the back for about a tenner and sinc then its been fine.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
apprently they have completely updated the motherboard! to be honest its the 1st problem iv had with it, still my favorite console iv owned, although wish i could sort the problem by blowing into it, gone are the good old days of cartridges haha

Yoda

English & European
Can't say I've had a problem yet. I waited until Halo 3 came out before I gave in and my console must be on for over 24 hours a week, so it may be one of the updated versions.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I had mine replaced after 4 months but wasn't red ring of death. Mine just wouldn't read the disk. Might have had something to do with me knocking it over first day I had it :jester: got free replacement on the spot and 3yr cover

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Mine is being fixed at the moment as well..

Service is ok, took about 3 weeks but having to have it delivered back by UPS is f***ing inconvenient in my experience - they only deliver Monday to Friday 9-5 when I'm also working, and cannot have anything delivered to my office.

So today I've got the afternoon off in promise of an afternoon delivery, but no - they came round at 10.30. So still my 360 remains in a depot somewhere with no real hope of being able to have it delivered back to me anytime soon, just marvellous.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Mine is being fixed at the moment as well..

Service is ok, took about 3 weeks but having to have it delivered back by UPS is f***ing inconvenient in my experience - they only deliver Monday to Friday 9-5 when I'm also working, and cannot have anything delivered to my office.

So today I've got the afternoon off in promise of an afternoon delivery, but no - they came round at 10.30. So still my 360 remains in a depot somewhere with no real hope of being able to have it delivered back to me anytime soon, just marvellous.

I had UPS come round Saturday morning to pick mine up last time it broke :thumbsup:

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
If you have a Elite it's been fixed I think so you won't get the red lights. What happens when the warranty runs out on the originals? You will just have to pay for it to be fixed/buy a new one?

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
If you have a Elite it's been fixed I think so you won't get the red lights. What happens when the warranty runs out on the originals? You will just have to pay for it to be fixed/buy a new one?

Pretty much, although there is now a DIY fix I've seen that apparently works in most cases, involves putting some extra space between the GPU and heat sink.

Google 'x clamp fix'. Might do this if mine breaks again in a year...

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I bought mine in Hong kong and have just got this red light prob .. had it about a year .. will they fix it for me if i call cust service .. or what is the norm here ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here