Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wycombe: what's happening.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ok, it's all a bit of a blur, is it not?

So a definitive thread devoted just to the Wycombe fixture.

Before the game

1. I don't believe there is a 'sit-out' before the game. Probably for the best.

2. Leaflets - roz will be travelling with 5000 leaflets. These will need to be handed out. roz is not on-line as I type, but may well post here asking for help.

3. Songsheets - print some out from the above - and hand them out to anyone - Albion or Wycombe. Basic message - sing "We want Falmer" as loudly as possible for as long as possible.

During the game

1. As above. Sing. And sing some more.

2. Wave any banner or posters you have.

3. It has been suggested to have a bit of a Precott thing going on. Due to living in Somerset I have not seen the front cover of the Argus but understand it is good. Bring as many copies as you can. We have contacted the Argus to ask if they can facilitate by providing a quantity of front covers only - stay tuned.

After the game

1. Sit-in. Don't go anywhere. Those who know the Wycombe ground placing will testify even if you do leave the ground, your car won't be leaving the area for some time anyway. Both Wycombe and the local police are aware - so keep it peaceful, and stay off the pitch. More singing and banner waving would work. The players may very well join us.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Splendid.

Don't forget Operation Daffodil- order your flowers for Monday.

Slightly off topic....do we have a preferred pub to go to in Wycombe?

:drink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
edna krabappel said:
Splendid.

Don't forget Operation Daffodil- order your flowers for Monday.

Slightly off topic....do we have a preferred pub to go to in Wycombe?

:drink:

Hour Glass is closest but questionable if they'll let away fans in at all and if they do - how many.

Other pubs within a mile or so are The Half Moon (Dashwood Avenue) and White Horse & Bird in Hand (West Wycombe Road) apparently.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
the joke shop on queens road(near the station)is a good place to go for balloons,streamers,whistles and all the usual party crap...try there

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
possibly,i'll check the attic
i got no baloons,but the yellow pages is being trashed as i type

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Wilko - i have nabbed a yellow pages from work - we can tear it up in the car if thast ok with OAPDODGE? I can get hold of some disposable gloves so our hands dont get dirty!!

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Wilko said:
Are we still doing the yellow pages and balloons thing as well ?

As I said, I have a thousand - but will be guided by the likes of bozza, etc. Maybe this time the balloons might work AFTER the game, if the players are going to come over and join us???

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Trotster said:
I can get hold of some disposable gloves so our hands dont get dirty!!

Ooo-you are awful...

...but I like you!:lolol:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Trotster said:
Wilko - i have nabbed a yellow pages from work - we can tear it up in the car if thast ok with OAPDODGE? I can get hold of some disposable gloves so our hands dont get dirty!!

:clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

Im so excited, I feel like a kid at Christmas :lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Whistles would be best - bloody annoying but make a lot of noise

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Excellent! And working on the flowers and charm offensive, here's a quick Valentine's Card for possible holding up too...

valentine.jpg

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
I'll have a look around Shoreham for whistles. Got a few party shops so there should be some. I'll get quite a few but need others to do the same please.:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here