Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Writer John Sullivan has died.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
John Sullivan (64) has died after a short illness. Sullivan probably best remembered for 'Only fools an Horses' had recently wrote another script for 'Rock and chips'. Thanks for memories John. :angel:

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
SHIIITTTTTTTTT genuinely big loss here ,'tis a massive shame :(

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Best comedy writer of our generation, did so much more the Fools, remember Just Good Friends anyone? Highest viewed tv show of its time. He'll be sorely missed. And it puts Fools to bed once and for all sadly.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Play it nice and cool son. RIP.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
So hard to pick out any highlights as it was always so good,however 'To Hull and back' was just superb. Been looking on Youtube for the clip where Del asks 'which way Holland' truely end of an era.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Thats very sad. I was just watching it now on youtube and flicking back to NSC. What a talent.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am not sure there will ever be as good a comedy series as OFAH - set a very high benchmark.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
RIP John Sullivan. The best writer never to get knighted for his work. OFAH is my all time favourite comedy. Hopefully the six Episodes of Rock and Chips, he said he was working on have been finished. So the BBC can give the go ahead for them!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Dear John and Just Good Friends were great, too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
RIP John , you gave us so many classic comedy moments.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
A tragic loss, OFAH is my favourote comedy, always watching it on gold, RIP John

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here