Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wouldnt have wanted to be on this plane!!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
on phone...... "Mummy, Daddy let me fly the plane today"

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
looks like they'd try and gain altitude again and fly past to attempt landing again.
that was his 5th attempt :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I had one a little like that in Rarotonga once, there was cyclone in the area. Air New Zealand jumbo, took three goes to land. It was only supposed to be a one hour stop, but they decided to put us up over night in a hotel and wait till the next day to take off.

Albion Rob

I've flown out of Lisbon airport and it was pretty dodgy. Think the place must be prone to high winds because we were definitely being moved around a lot. Nowhere near as bad as that though.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
That's one of the things I hate the most about flying, the way the plane wobbles about as it comes in to land. Am always convinced it's going to hit the ground wings-first.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I had a trip to Ireland like that, coming in to Land at Shannon mid December, out the window I could see, field/sky/filed/sky/hut and sheep/sky every other second, pissing rain gail force winds, the the credit of BA the pilot put it down incredibly well and smoothly.

unlike the US twat at St Louis who dumped it on the ground from 100 feet up in perfect weather conditions . .thats the gerieatrics at Americam Airlines for you !

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's often a bumpy run-in to Tenerife South, but I've never had the pleasure of a landing like that (unless it looks worse from the outside).

The only aborted landing I've experienced as a passenger was at Lyon in the fog.

Slowhand

Aug 24, 2005
Near Lewes
Three attempts at getting into Birmingham when being flown by a woman!!!

As we left the plane one wag asked if she was a Krypton factor contestant!!!

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Albion Dan said:
Wasnt there a thread a while back about hairy airplane landings and dodgy airports?

Wouldnt mind revisiting it.

yes fixtures etc

I love that website, there are other good videos under 'extreme'

another shows a plane's engine blowing up etc

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
We ended up in a cow paddock at the end of Canberra airport in a 747 when I was younger, scared the life out of me...

Had a 3 attempt landing in Hawaii in a monsoon/windy type thing....we had to land as we didn't have enough fuel to get anywhere else as the crossing from LA was into headwind and Hawaii hadn't yet closed the airport (we were the last to land) my Dad slept through the lot, even the cups of tea which went soaring above the seats as we dropped altitide suddenly about 2 or 3 times...

Had a few other frighteners one over the some mountains on the way to Italy - I'm sure the pilot thought he was a sky diver!!

I HATE FLYING!! :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here