Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you want the pink kit you can buy as our away kit next year?

Pink kit as away kit next year?

• Yes

Votes: 34 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 37 52.1%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The players have enough problems already thanks.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Its f***ing horrible, most people who have bought it are just jumping on the bandwaggon

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yes but why not darker and lighter shades of pink like the newcastle top?

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
It's designed much better than the red or yellow ones, and I find the idea of colours being subscribed to genders about as laughable as it gets.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It's designed much better than the red or yellow ones, and I find the idea of colours being subscribed to genders about as laughable as it gets.

...exactly, how many blokes do you see wearing that fetching pink Hackett shirt...most of whom would kill you if you suggested that it had anything to do with gender or sexuality matters!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We wouldn't the first team to have a pink away (and indeed home) shirt, I don't see why it is being considered attention seeking, gay or otherwise.

You could argue that anyone who wears any football shirt is attention seeking, is that not the point of wearing them, for people to notice? I like to wear really old shirts, I guess becasue I want people to look at me.

As for gay, well, we're all gay at Brighton aren't we? As are Palermao Fans, oh, and Oldham fans for a game last year, and Huddersfield, oh and Everton a couple of years ago, and Brizzul Rovers, I'll let someone else tell them they're all gay (assuming you consider being called gay an insult and not homophobia), Oh, and Glasgows third team, Partick Thistle, it was also their fastest selling repica shirt ever.

However, if by having a pink shirt the club sells bundles of them, and it is a good qualiy item, worn with pride for our Club by those who choose to, and it might even get us a little extra press coverage, what exactly is the problem?

(Personally, I am colour blind, it looks like grey and white stripes to me, and I don't care for grey)

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
It couldnt be an away shirt because its too similar to the home shirt! (not that the club normally bothers with such issues!)

Like others have said though, it would be good to tie it in with a cancer charity game later in the season!

I wonder if next years REMF kit has been decided yet...

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
It couldnt be an away shirt because its too similar to the home shirt! (not that the club normally bothers with such issues!)

Like others have said though, it would be good to tie it in with a cancer charity game later in the season!

I wonder if next years REMF kit has been decided yet...

Good point well made, not that it stopped me voting YES.

The idea of a cancer research/breast cancer wearing of it for a game this year is also excellent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here