Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you swap last years title

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
No.

Southampton have won nothing yet.

We are reigning League One champions. Nobody can take that away from us. It's a trophy in the cabinet and our name in the history books.

I think people are getting far too excited about the Premier League being above us. Yes it's something to aim for, but there's no immediate hurry. Let's not run before we can walk

D

Deleted member 18477

No because even if we were in that position I don't think we'd be anywhere near ready for prem football. We'll be there when were ready. And last season was so bloody good!!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Not at all, it's great to have the silverware and the happy days of Walsall away as a fond memory. In a couple of years time no one will remember second place but Champions names are engraved for ever.

Saints are having a top season and all credit to them but it's still early days and destiny lays in our hands.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nope. Southampton's dip in form is just around the corner. Every team gets one, like Southampton themselves did for the first half of last season.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No.

Southampton have won nothing yet.

We are reigning League One champions. Nobody can take that away from us. It's a trophy in the cabinet and our name in the history books.

I think people are getting far too excited about the Premier League being above us. Yes it's something to aim for, but there's no immediate hurry. Let's not run before we can walk

Great reply.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
On the verge? Is the season nearly over?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
No.
We need to lay the foundations and build a quality side in the Championship before we can even think about pushing for the Prem. We want to get there and stay there after all.

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
No what we did last season was amazing, league 1 champions playing at a ground not fit for conference football, our achievement should never be overlooked. Also have Southampton been promoted already must have missed that on Sky News long way to go yet - just want to see that glib smile on Atkins face disappear when and if they get there dip in form!!!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
No. I personally think we need the extra seats and training ground before we can entertain the Premier League.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Nope. A trophy lasts forever.

And this season is about consolidation and enjoying the Amex. Anything else is a bonus.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A few years in the Championship is no great hardship - miles better than League 1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here