Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you settle for the play offs now if offered ?

If offered the play offs now would you take it ?

• Yes

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 61 71.8%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think i would.

Nope. I think we have set our benchmark too high now to settle for what is just a lottery. That said we are a very difficult side to break down so you would have to fancy our chances of winning the play offs. Lets hope it doesn't come to that though.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
would have to say yes now, but if we are still top in 6 weeks time that would soon change to a no!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gus has said consistency is the key and that is why we are top at the moment. We are the most consistent team and we need to keep that consistency going. We have won games where we have played under par eg Walsall, so there's no reason why we shouldn't keep going averaging 2 points a game.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not for me. Not now we are where we are - shoot for the top and if you fall short the play-offs are the safety net

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
weren't we top at this stage under coppell and further clear before he decided to head off to reading?

it's a long old season and we will have a dodgy run at some point - id take any way of getting out of this division, and if it comes through the play-offs then so be it

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It's much more fun going up with a final at Wembley.

Sadly I think I'm right in saying that this year's play-offs will be at Old Trafford as Wembley is being used for some mickey mouse european competition that rightly should only be of direct interest to a few Premiership clubs

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would, simply because I would be confident that we would win the play offs.
It's much more fun going up with a final at Wembley.

The final is at Cardiff this season.

Anyway, this was a question I posed to Al a couple of weeks ago on The Albion Roar. At the time, I said yes, I'd swap top 2 for definite playoffs, but now I'm not so sure. We're just getting better and better, theres really not much to fear in this division.

A long long way to go obviously, but I'm starting to believe we really could do it.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
yes at the moment! there are another 34 games and some people need to remember that! Maybe if after 25 games we are still top and have been playing consistantly good football it may be a different answer but its too early imo

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
No way in hell. Would I give up any chance of automatic promotion for guaranteed play-offs? No.

We're top, playing well, getting better, I can't see what the hell would cause us to slip to 7th or worse this season

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The final is at Cardiff this season.

Anyway, this was a question I posed to Al a couple of weeks ago on The Albion Roar. At the time, I said yes, I'd swap top 2 for definite playoffs, but now I'm not so sure. We're just getting better and better, theres really not much to fear in this division.

A long long way to go obviously, but I'm starting to believe we really could do it.

Yeah, I remember you saying that, and I shouted at my generic MP3 player in disgust :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here