Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you pick carrots for the minimum wage?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
If you were out of work and desparate would you do this sort of work?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes. If things were desperate and I had to sustain my family.

But it is unlikely as I haven't set myself unachievable aspirations my finances don't depend house prices and the economy BOOM BOOM BOOMING for ever like so many people were convinced it would, everything in moderation even punting on the Gee Gee's ..............call me old fashioned,but live within your means and record meetings when you are being made redundant...............PROSPER.

Is there no end to your chest puffing?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you were out of work and desparate would you do this sort of work?

If I was fit enough and it was the best I could get, then yes. Worse things happen at sea.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I have to pick beans, tomatoes and beetroot for free in my back garden.

So if someone were to pay me for it, then yes please.

If I needed the money I wouldn't hesitate. Exercise and fresh air - there are worse ways to earn minimum wage.

Last edited:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Yep. As a temporary measure. The thought that better things were round the corner kept me going through my numerous but brief spells of this type of labour

Basically it means I recorded the meeting with my Managing Director and HR dept when they told me I was being 'let go' then when what we discussed didn't appear in the compromise agreement my solicitor asked why ? They denied certain elements of conversation took place ! My brief advised them we could prove otherwise ?? They twigged increased redundancy and offered extended severance pay !!!

Still ongoing:thumbsup:

Is that admissable in court if covert? I thought phone conversations etc. could only be legally recorded if the other party is informed at the time.

Probably not !! But I told them when I sat down in the meeting I am going to make a record of this conversation !! Anyway my brief only suggested we could prove otherwise!!! She/we never suggested we/I had a recording of the conversation although obviously they twigged!!!

Why do I usually have to read your posts twice to understand them? What's this she/we business?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here