Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you like to see Poyet sign Chris Wood in January?

Would you like to see Poyet sign Chris Wood in January?

• Yes, yes I would

Votes: 174 70.4%
  • No, no I wouldn't

Votes: 69 27.9%
  • Chris who?

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think that having a striker like Wood would give us options that we don't currently have. We are becoming too predictable and teams are countering us too easily. If occasionally we could 'go long' then it would make teams wonder whether they should push up against us like Millwall did so well in the first half. Wood gave 'it large' yesterday but it was some goal.
It was interesting to see on the highlights on Player that Gus went over to him after the game and embraced him whilst having a crafty whisper in his ear. Wonder what that was all about?!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Well, would you?

Nope.... another Barnes type signing... young, full of promise but ultimately as waste of time at this level. Will score a few but not enough... we need experience.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You seriously think Tony Bloom is going to let Gus buy two new strikers in January?
You're looking at a combined fee of at least £5 million! Gus spent £2.5 million badly on an unproven striker last summer...I doubt he's going to allow him to spend £5 million. We simply have'nt got that kind of money to spend. I can't see us generating much cash for the sale of CMS either, especially if clubs have been scouting him recently.

Depends how badly Bloom wants to make the play-offs this season. Current strike options have just about reached the end of the road progress-wise :shrug:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Absolutely yes. At his present rate of improvement, assuming it continues, he'll be almost on a par with Glenn Murray by his 25th birthday.

:wink:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Id be happy if we got him if our other targets dont come off, but dont think he is anywhere near the top of our list.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Its obvious that CMS, Barnes, Hoskins and Dobbie are not good enough if we aspire to top 6, if we are happy with mid table they are

Dobbie is an odd one as he has already been promoted with Swansea & Blackpool. It's not happening with us for some reason, whether it's the player or the management.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
No chance. They're inviting offers.
Not what I'm hearing from my baggies workmate, Lukaku going back to Chelsea and Wood going back to WBA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here