Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you like to see Poyet sign Chris Wood in January?

Would you like to see Poyet sign Chris Wood in January?

• Yes, yes I would

Votes: 174 70.4%
  • No, no I wouldn't

Votes: 69 27.9%
  • Chris who?

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
He may give us an aerial threat up front that we just don't have at the moment, although I am not convinvced that he is the striker to fire us into the play offs. More of a remedy to our demands to sign a lump to offer us 'another option'.

The question that should be asked though is if he is any good at TRACKING BACK and DEFENDING. He will, after all, undoubtedly be played in Gus's favourite defensive left winger postition whilst golden boy Barnes makes a mess of being the leading man of our three man 'attack'.

But he's not a lump.

He's mobile and scores all types of goals (head, 6 yards, edge of the box), his strength and hold up play will enable our attacking midfielders to score many more than they do now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He won't come back here. Don't blame him either

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He may give us an aerial threat up front that we just don't have at the moment, although I am not convinvced that he is the striker to fire us into the play offs. More of a remedy to our demands to sign a lump to offer us 'another option'.

The question that should be asked though is if he is any good at TRACKING BACK and DEFENDING. He will, after all, undoubtedly be played in Gus's favourite defensive left winger postition whilst golden boy Barnes makes a mess of being the leading man of our three man 'attack'.

Did you see any of the game? Wood has a great first touch, holds his man off, links up play, constantly moving and making himself available for a pass, has pace, quick feet, and worked as hard as anyone on the pitch. 'A lump who can head it' jeez, you really did watch a different player to me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He won't come back here. Don't blame him either

I agree.

Who'd want to to come to a club with 24k fans, a new amazing stadium, excellent training facilitys on the way, just outside the playoffs with the transfer window looming, an exciting young manager who has taken a team from bottom of league one to championship playoffs in a couple of years, a fan as a chairman providing financial stabilty and in a thriving location just outside of London.

We have literally nothing going for us.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He has strength, and size, two things we are missing in our forward line, so even as just 'something different' he'd be worth it. With lopez's crosses last night if we had someone of Wood's size we might have got a few more goals. Him or someone like him would be a good addition, I think.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I agree.

Who'd want to to come to a club with 24k fans, a new amazing stadium, excellent training facilitys on the way, just outside the playoffs with the transfer window looming, an exciting young manager who has taken a team from bottom of league one to championship playoffs in a couple of years, a fan as a chairman providing financial stabilty and in a thriving location just outside of London.

:lolol:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I agree.

Because he doesn't like the manager and/or his tactics. And he's notice we're no exactly doing that well in comparison to the other teams he could sign for.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I agree.

He has a flat near millwall, is comfortable and successful there, has a good relationship with the manager and teammates, the are actually in the top 6, might have a higher wage cap, etc.

Just because we have things going for us, doesn't mean no one else out there does or that they might even have more going for them (if different positives to us)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
He has a flat near millwall, is comfortable and successful there, has a good relationship with the manager and teammates, the are actually in the top 6, might have a higher wage cap, etc.

Just because we have things going for us, doesn't mean no one else out there does or that they might even have more going for them (if different positives to us)

This, people who assume he'll come to us just because he plays for Millwall and they play in front of 7k need to look at the wider picture above 'we have a new stadium and a South American manager'.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

I understand that, and not for one moment was I suggesting we are too good to turn down. Location is a huge factor in a players choice of course.

I was purely jumping on the current depression and completly ridiculous over-reaction from some people who seem to think it's doom and gloom. Some have lost complete context of how we really are doing as a club which, frankly, is pretty bloody good.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

You do realize that West Brom will not just sell to Millwall because he's happy there, they'll sell to the highest bidder.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I understand that, and not for one moment was I suggesting we are too good to turn down. Location is a huge factor in a players choice of course.

I was purely jumping on the current depression and completly ridiculous over-reaction from some people who seem to think it's doom and gloom. Some have lost complete context of how we really are doing as a club which, frankly, is pretty bloody good.

Actually, I am far from a doom and gloom merchant. I am relatively happy with the way things are going. However, he was 'least' loved from all his recent loan spells, down here. Copped a fair bit of crap, wasn't consistently in the side. We have a lot of strikers at the moment, where as he is doing well at Millwall, seems to be 'the man.'

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You do realize that West Brom will not just sell to Millwall because he's happy there, they'll sell to the highest bidder.

Not exactly. They'll sell to whichever team that bids enough to get their permission Chris Wood makes a deal with. It's how we got CMS - other teams offered Peterborough more, but we offered enough to get permission to talk to him, and he chose us.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

West Brom will agree any deal they consider suitable which may involve 2 or 3 teams and then the player has to agree the contract with the team he would prefer to play for.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Fair enough. I like to point to CMS and the glut of posts on here about how we had no chance because leicester, west ham, and norwich were after him (including an interview in the sun where sven talked about how great CMS is going to be for them the day before he signed with us.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think the question should be....if you were Chris Wood, if Brighton approached West Brom and offered to buy you, would you leave a club that you seem to be happy at, scoring loads of goals and play attacking fast football, or would you come to a club that plays slow build up play and prefers to pass along the back and through midfield, and seems unable to get the best out of forwards that we have currently and have been here on loan?

If you read his tweets, he is really happy at Millwall!!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
given the verbal and physical nature of his contest with el Abd and Gree last night I wonder if he is feeling the love enough to want to come herer

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
i would like to sign him, but im not sure he's the striker to fire us into them premier league..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here