Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you like to see Poyet sign Chris Wood in January?

Would you like to see Poyet sign Chris Wood in January?

• Yes, yes I would

Votes: 174 70.4%
  • No, no I wouldn't

Votes: 69 27.9%
  • Chris who?

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Wood seems to have developed nicely and would give us a more physical presence. Still young and hungry enough for Gus to mould him into our style.

I think on balance I would prefer to see a striker with some decent Premiership experience but might not be able to afford the sort of player we actually need. Plus there are too many Champagne charlies around the Prem who might not be up for putting a shift in the Championship. However Chris Wood is more likely to fit our budget and could be very handy, especially if allowed to form a partnership with CMS.

I'm not sure we can afford Austin who must be somewhere north of £5m and probably nearer £8m. I'd like to think we might get Danny Graham or Chris Wood for nearer £3m - and afford to keep CMS so we have better options?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
yes but dont think it will happen.... think his future lies with Millwall

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was saying yes before yesterday's performance, but it's been confirmed to me now.

The ironic thing is I'm alsmot dismissing his second goal. That doesn't effect me wanting him in ANY way.

The FIRST goal is the one that shows what we need up top. Across his man and guided into the far corner. That was an EXCELLENT strikers finish.

It wasn't even his BRACE that really impressed me, touch, strength, holding defenders off, positive distribution, bringing his midfield into play, effective work rate. It was a superb performance all round by him. With a instinctive first, and a brilliant second. I'd have him back in a shot.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
is he going to get the goals to get us to the promise land. not sure, would take him to complement what we have, but not sure he is the answer alone. but if the value of 1m is correct then snap your arm off for him. any more than that and im not 100% convinced.

would prefer Austin

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I'm another for yes please but another forward as well. That would leave us very forward heavy but there's nothing wrong with strength in depth. As much as I like him, maybe ship out Hoskins as well

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Wood seems to have developed nicely and would give us a more physical presence. Still young and hungry enough for Gus to mould him into our style.

I think on balance I would prefer to see a striker with some decent Premiership experience but might not be able to afford the sort of player we actually need. Plus there are too many Champagne charlies around the Prem who might not be up for putting a shift in the Championship. However Chris Wood is more likely to fit our budget and could be very handy, especially if allowed to form a partnership with CMS.

I'm not sure we can afford Austin who must be somewhere north of £5m and probably nearer £8m. I'd like to think we might get Danny Graham or Chris Wood for nearer £3m - and afford to keep CMS so we have better options?

...oh shit!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I would like him but a lot of rumors about that Millwall have already done a deal. If not, Leicester are in for him and we can't compete with them financially so I think it's very unlikely we'd be able to get him.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Would be a waste of money, doesn't fit our languid, low tempo style of play, much better off in a pacier more direct team like Millwall.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I know he's had a decent run, & I wouldn't be that unhappy if we signed him, but £3m for Wood? You've got to be kidding me.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Depends on price. £1m, yes. £2m, no. Would probably need to lose Hoskins or Dobbie.

Would still need a star striker to 'trade' for CMS.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
He may give us an aerial threat up front that we just don't have at the moment, although I am not convinvced that he is the striker to fire us into the play offs. More of a remedy to our demands to sign a lump to offer us 'another option'.

The question that should be asked though is if he is any good at TRACKING BACK and DEFENDING. He will, after all, undoubtedly be played in Gus's favourite defensive left winger postition whilst golden boy Barnes makes a mess of being the leading man of our three man 'attack'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have changed my mind after his performance last night, he's was everything we haven't got upfront especially presence in the box, strong on the ball and the ability to hold the ball and bring the midfield/other forwards into play. Big yes from me, fear we may have missed the boat though.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is he on loan and do Millwall want Wood ?

Ooh er missus.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Don't know why he'd sign for us rather than Millwall or indeed Leicester, both seem better options that us if you want to score goals.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't know why he'd sign for us rather than Millwall or indeed Leicester, both seem better options that us if you want to score goals.

I imagine we could pay more than Millwall, Leicester have so many forwards that he might struggle to get a game. If we can afford him, I guess it'll come down to whether he wants to play for Gus again tbh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here