Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you like to see Poyet sign Chris Wood in January?

Would you like to see Poyet sign Chris Wood in January?

• Yes, yes I would

Votes: 174 70.4%
  • No, no I wouldn't

Votes: 69 27.9%
  • Chris who?

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I feel like there should be a poll

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yes. Our players struggled to win the ball from him all night. He was presented with 1 chance which he took and learnt himself another, which he took.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Yes, seems to have got a lot stronger and not afraid to stick his foot through the ball on the edge of the box.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I was saying yes before yesterday's performance, but it's been confirmed to me now.

The ironic thing is I'm alsmot dismissing his second goal. That doesn't effect me wanting him in ANY way.

The FIRST goal is the one that shows what we need up top. Across his man and guided into the far corner. That was an EXCELLENT strikers finish.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Its a no from me will not be the 25-30 goal season man we need, yes scored 2 good goals 1 from a mistake (took it very well though). How would he fit in? we have been going on for a long time we need a target man not so sure, we just need a clinical finisher and I don't think he is. But what do I know.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] being mischevious again? What do you know?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He'd give us an option we are very much lacking if nothing else

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] posts about it, Gus was very guarded when asked about him in Millwall press conference and he is still in his Brighton strip on Wiki. Done deal I reckon.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He did play well last night and El Abd couldn't outmuscle him on any occasion, so i wouldn't say no on that performance. I would want him and another striker though as i am not convinced he's the answer to all or problems.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I'm hoping we are setting our sights a little higher.

If we can't get Austin or Lambert I guess he could do the business.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Speaking to someone last night and they were saying Chris Wood did'nt enjoy his loan spell with us two seasons ago.
Did anyone notice how Chris Wood celebrated his second goal with Kenny Jackett - right next to the Brighton bench. Was he trying to say something?
Also Adam El Abd was doing his best to whack Chris Wood up into the air at every opportunity last night...suppose what's new with El Abd doing that to a striker.

I would love to see Wood come back permenantly, but something tells me he would rather join another club before considering us again.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
For around £1 million I think that is good value.

Still young, gave El-Abd his toughest game of the season and now scoring a few goals.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Thought so before last night, obviously think so now.

Available, realistic and would do the job. In the absence of something special up Gus's sleeve I can see no excuse not to make a bid at least

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
The ironic thing is I'm alsmot dismissing his second goal. That doesn't effect me wanting him in ANY way.

The FIRST goal is the one that shows what we need up top. Across his man and guided into the far corner. That was an EXCELLENT strikers finish.

Completely agree with this. The way he opened himself up and guided the ball into the corner of the goal. Showed us exactly what we are unable to do at the moment ...

I'd take him back as I think he would offer us a dimension that we don't have at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here