Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you go to Russia for $85 million?

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Great player but not worth that towards the end of his career. On a personal level I think he will struggle. Russia is notoriously racist. Look at the banners for aimed at West Brom thanking them for taking Odemwingie off their hands. Awful!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I went there a few years back for only £400. Aside from having my wallet pinched on the second night I had a great time.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For a two year contract and enough money to ensure I never had to work again? Hell YES I would, but then again I'm not already set up for life, as Samuel Eto'o no doubt is.

I had to look that club up just now, as the only reason I'd even heard of them was because of this story. Apparently they are based in Dagestan (which is somewhere between Georgia and the Caspian Sea), but their players mostly live a thousand miles away in Moscow, and fly in for training and matches :ohmy: They were taken over by (surprise) an oil billionaire in January, hence they are now chucking it around like a poor man's Crawley Town.

(Except at least with Anzhi Makhachkala, you know exactly whose money it is)

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Im in Russia every saturday night in our bar.....send me 85 Million please.

Isnt this the same club that Carlos was getting the racism?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Speaking of going for the money, I can't help wondering what Tony Adams is getting for sharing the benefits of his unique coaching talents around the arse end of Azerbaijan? I think his club have a stadium that holds about 4,000 people, so I'm fairly confident he's not there for the atmosphere or prospects.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Experience a new country for a short period of your life, learn a new language, and get paid ludicrous amounts of money for it?

I bet most people on here would give it a go. I certainly would.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Yes I would. Lets not forget those beautiful Russian women either

russian-women.jpg

I think in Russian you can power laptops with "stick"

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Having read football dynamo which is a BRILLIANT book about Russian football since the break up of the USSR any footballer who moves to Russia must be a mentalist especially a black footballer.
When Andre Bikey played out there he had so many threats to his life for being black he had to carry a gun with him.
Gary O'Connor (remember him?) got depressed because of the Russian way of life & his inability to get simple things like Satillite tv or internet. His wife stayed out there three weeks!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Going by SSN its going to happen in very soon, amazing money

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here