Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you go out with a smoker? Does their smelly breath and clothes put you off ?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
No
Yes

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I would never go out with someone who smoked. It's a vile addiction and a MASSIVE turn off.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Did once and wasn't worth it. Got on my nerves the whole time. Would have to be an extremely exceptional case to consider dating a smoker again!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Apart from the smelly breath and clothes, just remember that person will never have any money, they will get yellow teeth ,develop a cough, and age prematurely , and people avoid you like the plague (even if you do not realise it )

Or as in the case with three of my grandparents, who smoked, it may ultimately cause your death. In the case of my grandad it was from a heart attack, so he didn't suffer for long...sadly in the other two it was from cancer and emphasema...not quite as pleasant or quick!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
No, I would never ever go out with a smoker. I cannot stand the stink, they think no-one notices as well but it's all over their hair and clothes as well as their breath!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This whole episode is fascinating, but if you skip to 10mins 10secs it explains how women started smoking, and how it was made acceptable. Very interesting.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
never smoked and never snogged a girl that has, a vile smell and a vile habit. Even if she does have huge lar lars and suck for England, it would be a no from me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Before I met Mrs Gwylan I had a list of six definite no-nos for any future missus; top of that list was being a smoker.

Absolutely no way would I go out with one.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I've never been a smoker, but always found the taste and smell when kissing girls who smoke rather erotic. Can't explain it.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Yes i would, wouldnt stop me in the slightest.. all the anti smoking facists make me chuckle..

In this particular case, I wouldn't call them 'anti smoking facists' - if you don't like the smell of someone, you won't date them. Fair enough really.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Get a load of yourselves.

If she/he was CRUMPET (in your eyes as we all have different tastes) and she/he smoked are you really saying thats a deal breaker? Really? I mean REALLY.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A matter of personal opinion, for me a female smoker is sexy, rebellious, carefree, call it what you like ('stupid' most people on this thread would probably call it by the sounds of it). Wouldn't put me off at all, quite the opposite - we don't all choose to be sensible, clean-living people.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
To be fair, the smell of a fag is like honeysuckle compared to the pervasive stench of pious sanctimony.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I liked a gal for a while but she was a smoker so that kinda put me off on dating her.

Eventually though I had a crack and dated her for a few months, in the end though I just had to say sorry, but can't stand the smoking.

It's very off putting and a smelly habit.

Sure they can brush their teeth and chew gum, but there's still an unpleasant smokey taste there.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Unbelievable and incredibly shallow. I would like to not make a judgement and condemn someone because they smoked. I could live with it if they are a kind, loving , supportive partner who I had something in common with and shared interests. That is more important to me than ruling someone out because they dare to smoke in the ridiculously over the top anti smoking world we now inhabit. I hope you get your non smoking partner if that is the be all and end all of a persons make up to you and hope she has other redeeming qualities which to me are quite important.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here