Would Knight sack Adams?

• Yes

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • No

Votes: 46 75.4%

• Total voters

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
bearing in mind the blind faith he has placed in him by appointing him seemingly because of what he achieved here 7 years ago, and it would make him look like a TOTAL mug

just interested, like

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Why?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Dick Knight only sacks managers when he gets abuse himself. He uses them as scapegoats for his own failings. However I think MA is different. There is a strange father son relationship between the two of them that will probably mean Adams will survive longer than others have, and that could well spell the end of Knight.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Brighton 'fans' in predictable moan at Adams shock. Full story in tomorrow's evening argus....

D

Deleted member 2719

Of course not that would mean Dick would have to admit he was wrong and wasting more compensation - Money we just can not afford, mind you he didn't worry about that when sacking Wilkins.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
not a hope, can't afford to no matter how poor we are. Don't think he should be sacked as yet anyway

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It depends on how the rest of the board feel about Adams.
I recall that he was not in total agreement when they sacked McGhee, I think pressure was put on him from the board. Remember Dick is the mouth piece for the board.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He could, no one is untouchable.....but I don't think it will happen untill the seasons end at the very least.

I'm sure that Micky Adams has a remit to get a team together that will win promotion and STAY IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

It should be obvious to anyone that last season's team wasn't good enough to do that. And neither is this season's team.

I would expect that the Board will keep the faith with Micky Adams until next season's team shows its capability. The only question in my mind is when the Board will be ready to spunk some serious money at putting together a team that can do the business. They are playing about with some loan players at the moment. If any of them prove good enough, they might be invited to stay. If they aren't good enough, they'll leave, no doubt to be replaced by others "on approval".

The big decisions will come after the end of the season. Some fans may have lost confidence in the future. I doubt if the Board have. Unless things go horrendously wrong (and they haven't), I reckon Micky Adams' position is safe for at least another year.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I'm sure that Micky Adams has a remit to get a team together that will win promotion and STAY IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

We've got to concentrate on staying in League 1 first.

MA won't be sacked, cos if he was, we would be paying 3 managers at the same time, as in DW,MA and any new manager put in place and for a club in our financial position that would be sheer lunacy.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Only if Knight could bring in a 'name' like Coppell.

So no, basically...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Course not, that would mean admitting he's made a mistake and he'll never do that despite cocking up several times in the last few years, but anyway, back to the happy clapping Knight can do no wrong chat...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
he wont but he's gonna be red faced & forced too should we get relegated, which after yesterdays performance seems the way we are going!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

It should be obvious to anyone that last season's team wasn't good enough to do that. And neither is this season's team.

I would expect that the Board will keep the faith with Micky Adams until next season's team shows its capability. The only question in my mind is when the Board will be ready to spunk some serious money at putting together a team that can do the business. They are playing about with some loan players at the moment. If any of them prove good enough, they might be invited to stay. If they aren't good enough, they'll leave, no doubt to be replaced by others "on approval".

The big decisions will come after the end of the season. Some fans may have lost confidence in the future. I doubt if the Board have. Unless things go horrendously wrong (and they haven't), I reckon Micky Adams' position is safe for at least another year.

I agree 100% lets see what January brings

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Dick Knight only sacks managers when he gets abuse himself. He uses them as scapegoats for his own failings. However I think MA is different. There is a strange father son relationship between the two of them that will probably mean Adams will survive longer than others have, and that could well spell the end of Knight.

Ho do you know there is a father/son relationship?

How do you see the end of Knight coming about? Who is going to take his place? Will that person be any better at appointing managers, assuming he will be a new investor with lots of money but not necessarily any football expertise?

If you won enough money on Euromillions and took over the club, who would you appoint as manager who you knew would do a better job than MA?

To answer the thread question, I am sure DK would sack MA if the circumstances warranted it. IMO that's not yet though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here