Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would it really matter if we don't make new signings?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The priority positions were:

Goalkeeper
Left Back
Midfielder
Forward

The goalkeeper position has virtually sorted itself with Kuipers & Chaigneau.

Left back - Joel Lynch on his two appearances so far has impressed.

Midfielder - Mayo could be better used in this position as shown at Southampton. Doug Loft (one for the future) maybe wortha try in the event of injuries.

Forward - Hart and one other seem to be a good combination.

So?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Hart is not the solution he is a good asset up fornt but is not a true goalscorer in my opinon.

We desperately need a striker

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We are left a bit bare if we pick up more suspensions and injuries. The games come thick and fast.

We need to be looking to the future as well. You might well pick up a goalscorer or any other player cheaply, and the opportunites must not be missed.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Hart goal ratio isn't good.If we don't sign a striker i agree we will go down

Seagull Stew

LOL, one very good performance and Gary Hart becomes the saviour we never realised we had!

Yes we need signings. We've got a good enough first team to give us an opportunity to stay up but not a good enough squad.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I would have said a LB but with the emergence of Lynch and the return of Hinsh I think a striker is our main priority.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Leicester are under bad management.They are not as bad as people think.They have spent good money.If they sack there manager then i can see them improving

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i would still like a charlie type player in midfield...I still think we are missing him!!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Seagullible said:
We are NOT in the bottom 3 with the current players FACT so we can stay up with what we have BUT it's obvious that betterplayers would make life easier

:clap: :clap: :clap:

We can survive with what we've got, but a striker is the one that would improve our odds most.

Unfortunately, as mentioned on another thread, we will only have a choice of players who are of no interest to other championship clubs (given that they can just about all offer better salaries and better conditions) :down:

Last edited:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Seagullible said:
We are NOT in the bottom 3 with the current players FACT so we can stay up with what we have BUT it's obvious that betterplayers would make life easier

So if we don't make any signings this month, then next month we pick up a few injuries, then what do we do? we won't have any cover.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
WATFORD zero said:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

We can survive with what we've got, but a striker is the one that would improve our odds most.

No chance.All the other teams around us are improving there squad.This team will go down as it stands end off

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
brightonfan_86 said:
yes because if we don't strengthen, then we're going down. FACT

Bollocks. We're not in the relegation zone now, why would we definately be at the end of the season?

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
whitelion said:
The priority positions were:

Goalkeeper
Left Back
Midfielder
Forward

The goalkeeper position has virtually sorted itself with Kuipers & Chaigneau.

Left back - Joel Lynch on his two appearances so far has impressed.

Midfielder - Mayo could be better used in this position as shown at Southampton. Doug Loft (one for the future) maybe wortha try in the event of injuries.

Forward - Hart and one other seem to be a good combination.

So?

McGhee said we need new faces. We have discovered new player such as Lynch but are our Strikers scoring? No.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Seagullible said:

The fact is that MOST of the teams particularly in the bottom 6 will be strengthening their teams - if we dont then there is every chance that we will end up in the bottom 3, even if we aren't there at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here