Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would it be possible for the club to get an alcohol license for Withdean?

Serious question. Noticed last night that they've rearranged the catering vans and there was easily enough space for another one there.

They have mobile beer vans at the cricket in Hove, so why not at Withdean? It might solve the problem of people turning up so close to kick-off, plus it might promote a better atmosphere (I appreciate that one's a long shot).

Obviously you wouldn't be allowed to take your drink past the ladies toilets, but that wouldn't take a lot of stewarding.

Thoughts?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would doubt it with The Sportsman on the doorstep and also how could they run it as Ernest says they couldn't run a p..sup in a brewery.

More serious is the fact that the van in the North Stand is not selling chips anymore because' we don't have the facilities' and you cannot get onions with your hot dog. Funny I thought that they were the same vans as last season just different people and they managed both chips and onions. Now that is serious.

The Sportsman can f*** off. Over-priced and uttery shite service. To be honest I think they'd be glad of it. It's not like they particularly welcome the extra business.

Drank there last night out of necessity, it'll be back to the Welly from now on though. Awful place. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

(I never use those smilies, so it MUST be bad.)

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Isn't it illeagal to sell (or is it consume alcohol) within site of a pitch, which I suppose the catering area nearly is, and it wouldn't be hard to creep up the slope a bit to sup their pints....

Oct 25, 2003
timseagull said:
Isn't it illeagal to sell (or is it consume alcohol) within site of a pitch, which I suppose the catering area nearly is, and it wouldn't be hard to creep up the slope a bit to sup their pints....
loadsa grounds do booze, you just can't buy it 15mins before k.o

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here