Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthy Champions

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
A victory for football, Spain were by far the best team and exposed the old order of Italy and Germany as dull and pedestrian. Honourable mention for the Dutch and Turkish. i hope the England team were watching and learning instead of roasting some News of the screws wanna be. i was drawn into the tournament as I was gutted that England didn't qualify and i ended up really enjoying it. My player of the tournament was Senna

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This has been a fantastic tournament and the best team won it. And better still, they won it by playing beautiful football.

Well done Spain - Worthy champions indeed ! :clap:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Being half Spanish Im so happy its untrue and well chuffed for my dad. Been a long time coming, and to win it so convincingly can only bode well for the next couple of tournaments with such a young side.

NOw just need England to sort themselves out.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Agree totally, Spain deserved to win, they outclassed the Germans completely...the Dutch, Turkish and Russians all delighted us with their attitude to the game...whilst the Italians, French and Portuguese all failed to deliver.

GermanShepherd

Oct 17, 2005
Cardiff City
better team in the final and prob the best team in the tournament won...

I salute Spain, showed class and played brilliant football.

tbh, I am not disappointed at all, Spain were better, played attacking and attractive footy. we didn't, simple as.

at least we've made it to the final

looking forward to 2010...

...hopefully WITH England...:bigwave:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
better team in the final and prob the best team in the tournament won...

I salute Spain, showed class and played brilliant football.

tbh, I am not disappointed at all, Spain were better, played attacking and attractive footy. we didn't, simple as.

at least we've made it to the final

looking forward to 2010...

...hopefully WITH England...:bigwave:

Germany have been in 11 finals compared to England's 0.

Not sure what that PROVES though.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Being half Spanish Im so happy its untrue and well chuffed for my dad. Been a long time coming, and to win it so convincingly can only bode well for the next couple of tournaments with such a young side.

I could have posted the same thing word for word. Was beginning to think I might never have a football experience like this but finally got one...

now if England could win something......

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I have to boast that I said Spain would win it on NSC at the start - and didn't they deserve it! Still party time here in Yunquera!:yahoo:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
:clap2::clap2: Well done to Spain, best team won and was completely deserved

However, was everyone happy with the tactic that they used to defend a set piece / corner, a tactic that Wilkins got slated for - putting everyone in their own penalty box, and it happened during the whole game, not just the end? or was the slating just because it was the Albion or because it was Wilkins?

Oct 25, 2003
:clap2::clap2: Well done to Spain, best team won and was completely deserved

However, was everyone happy with the tactic that they used to defend a set piece / corner, a tactic that Wilkins got slated for - putting everyone in their own penalty box, and it happened during the whole game, not just the end? or was the slating just because it was the Albion or because it was Wilkins?

germany score a fair few goals from set pieces so it made sense really

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
After a dodgy 1st 10 mins for Spain it was great to see the Germans outclassed in every department and humbled in a final by a team playing football like it should be played :bowdown:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Like Senor Dan I'm half Spanish, but always considered myself Engish however I took a great deal of pride in last nights result as did my Dad .... who's English. My mum (the spanish bit) always supports England and so wasn't that interested :shrug:
My only complaint was that there wasn't one Galician player in the squad.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well done Spain. It was justice. spain were by far the better team yesterday and the best team of the tournament so its nice to see the best team actually win. I also pockted £ 900 from my bets, £ 35 Spain win 11/2, £ 20 Spain/Villa 33/1. I thought Russia were excellent in 3 games, Turkey were great and Holland were superb in the group stages. It was the best Euro I have ever watched.

I do not expect England to learn anything as our players are over paid, under talented yobs and the manager is even more negative and defencive than Ericcson so do jto expect us to do anything in the next 4 years.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I do not expect England to learn anything as our players are over paid, under talented yobs and the manager is even more negative and defencive than Ericcson so do jto expect us to do anything in the next 4 years.

Whilst I was watching I did wonder if there was anyway that England could ever play like Spain did and decided not..oh well long ball is what we were all brought up on, especially as we chase a game so why change the habits of a lifetime.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I'm getting a bit tired of hearing England players get stick. It's not that they don't deserve it at times, but what about English coaches? Too many jobs for the boys, I've played the game so I know what I'm doing, untalented, unintelligent idiots who can just about manage to get Championship teams promoted and at best tread water in the lower reaches of the prem. Why not give them a bit of grief from time to time?

Back to Spain as I've sobered up a bit now. It's been said a million times but they really did deserve it didn't they? Fantastic tournament.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Spain

Played 6
Won 5
Drawn 1
Lost 0
For 12
Against 3

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here