Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Performance

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I'd like to nominate Oatway's display yesterday. The only thing he achieved was to seriously injure a fellow pro. He won no tackles, passed the ball badly and we looked a different team when he was substituted. With Reid moving into the middle, Carpenter got the support he wasn't getting from Oatway.
How does the man ever get picked?
If he's good in the dressing room, keep him there but don't let him on the pitch.
Is he Peter Ali in disguise?

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
I agree we looked better after he went off but I thought that he had a really good game, and that the improvement was more because we had an extra person who was looking to go forward.:goal:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
despratefan3 said:
leon knight. didnt look interested in the game?

I think if people keep slagging of Knight he will go.

Look at his scoring record - pretty good IMHO

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Beach Hut said:
I think if people keep slagging of Knight he will go.

Look at his scoring record - pretty good IMHO

ok no offence beach hut if this sounds like im ranting at you but that the kind of attitude thats pissing me off(really no offence meant)

people all around where i sit say 'oh yeah hes really rubbish hes only scored 25'(sarcasticly) whenever we say hes not trying. that exactly the same attitude that leon has. i reckon he thinks that 'ive done my pert, no need to try anymore'. if zamora had given up once he had got to 25 goals like leon does then he would not have been the same player.

what im basically trying to say is that it dosent matter how much he has scored already..he should STILL be trying to if anything, add to his tally and make him more respected.

again no offence meant beach hut..those comments just trigger off my leon rant:censored: :angel:

Terrace Dandy

Banned
Mar 19, 2004
I've always said Oatway is passed his sell by date, God knows what dick knight was thinking about when he offered spud head oatway an improved contract.

Every time I've seen him play he's been absolutely diabolical. He can't take people on, he cant pass, all he's good for is to knock some bloke out,

Get rid of him in the summer, Let him go on a freebie, and then it'll free up some money for a new player who is 100 times better.

Don't use the injury, which was an accident, to have a pop at Charlie. The substitution was right in the circumstances of the game when Notts were not commitiing players forward and we desperately needed a goal, but those circumstances won't be automatically reproduced in the play-offs. We may need to play more defensive formations and more attacking formations as circumstances dictate and Charlie's role will play a part in McGhee's calculations.

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
Oatway is a con artist who looks like he's putting in a lot of effort but does little running. He wins surprisingly few challenges, is slow and as for being a hard man ...................................

If he is dropped we might get promotion through the play offs.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
oatway has been FANTASTIC this season - god there are some wankers on here

mona said:
Oatway is a con artist who looks like he's putting in a lot of effort but does little running. He wins surprisingly few challenges, is slow and as for being a hard man ...................................

If he is dropped we might get promotion through the play offs.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but he did come 6th in the player of the season poll.

A lot of the work Charlie does for the team is unglamorous stuff but you'd soon notice it if our high efficiency at breaking up opposition attacks declined.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Originally posted by COCK
Maybe between the sheets with you but on the pitch he's been shit.

ha ha ha ha ha ha KNOB

Stumpy Tim

I haven't seen him play this season to judge his displays, but it's interesting that every single new player this season has said Charlie & Jonah have been the two best lads in the dressing room - and that they've been quick to make new players feel welcome. There's something to be said for keeping Charlie purely for this, and as a sub if he doesn't deserve to be in the first XI. Maybe Iwelumo wouldn't have had his early scoring spree if he hadn't felt comfortable enough to play without upsetting his team mates. Meeting a new group of people is always tough, so having people like this around is essential IMHO

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I think he's improved this season. Still worried about his passing ability though, and he still has the odd shocker. Luton away was one of his worst performances.

Was the guy alright who went off after Charlie's challenge? It looked pretty serious

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
Stumpy Tim said:
I haven't seen him play this season to judge his displays, but it's interesting that every single new player this season has said Charlie & Jonah have been the two best lads in the dressing room - and that they've been quick to make new players feel welcome. There's something to be said for keeping Charlie purely for this, and as a sub if he doesn't deserve to be in the first XI. Maybe Iwelumo wouldn't have had his early scoring spree if he hadn't felt comfortable enough to play without upsetting his team mates. Meeting a new group of people is always tough, so having people like this around is essential IMHO
All reasonable comment which I agree with. I'm having a go at his playing ability and contribution on the pitch not at his character. He's a good club man and kept Virgo's spirits up when Coppell was picking Robbie "lose your marker" Pethick ahead of him.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
sheebo said:
oatway has been FANTASTIC this season - god there are some wankers on here

I'm not sure "Oatway" and "fantastic" could ever truly be synonymous. The simple fact is that Charlie has done OK this season but he is never going to set Div 2 on fire. He is, at best, an average Div 3 player although I don't doubt that his morale and motivation are helpful factors in the dressing room. We really do need a tad more quality in midfield. Hopefully, McGhee will be addressing this at the end of the season. I won't mention Mark Yeates as a possible for fear of being shot down in flames.

:D :D :D

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oatway had a good game on Saturday, and his suibstitution was no reflection on his performance. Play was getting too compressed, and Hart was brought on as a more natural outlet wide on the right. It paid off in spades, as County were on the ropes from the moment Hart came on and a goal looked inevitable.

I agree with London Irish. Oatway is a grafter in the midfield - he's never going to be spraying passes around or charging into the box getting on the end of crosses. He's there to do the ugly things, to get his foot in and break up the oppositions attacks. It may not be pretty, but the likes of Carpenter must be grateful to have Oatway alongside them in the middle of the park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here