Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Man at the Dome - Loud and shit

Robert Plant at the Centre - also loud and shit

Bob Dylan at Wembley - just shit

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Lulu (don't ask) - in Brighton last month - professional to the extent of being sterile, late (which wasn't her fault) and no encore, crap venue too.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
This one has been done before but anyway here goes.
Kool & the Gang at the Brighton Centre 1983. Overpriced, overhyped and overrated. Total crap with a capital C. And before you ask, I was dragged along by an ex- girlfriend against my better judgement.
:(

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Easy peasy......John Denver at the centre with my ex-wife (notice the "EX" bit)

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Easy one, Fleetwood Mac at the Expo Gent, a band that were well past its prime in a really awful venue. I only bought a ticket because Gary Moore was the support act, they came on and played a couple of tracks and stopped as the lead guitar had a problem with his hand. The concert was abandoned after one further track, they told us to go back two weeks later for freebie, which we did and it didn't sound any different to the first time.

Wire at the Electric in London, they came on in paper hats (made from newspapers) and did tribal dances for 20 minutes, then made some silly noises, before appeasing the punk wankers pogoing down the front with '12XU' that went on too long, and they played nothing off the outstanding LP '154', which was the only reason I travelled up to see them. They recorded the 'show' and released it as half of 'Document and Eyewitness', which must've been dire.
...and I still want my money back.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Depeche Mode - I liked the music back then, but christ were they boring to watch. Three guys stood behind keyboards looking like statues and David Gahan doing his best to look interested. Synth music is bollocks to see live coz nothing happens - I did'nt know whether it was live or actually a recording.

It has to be a live band playing thats worth paying to see. Keane tomorrow in Eastbourne, and the Charlatans in June are gigs I'm looking forward to.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
southstandandy said:

It has to be a live band playing thats worth paying to see. Keane tomorrow in Eastbourne, and the Charlatans in June are gigs I'm looking forward to.

i saw keane on this tour in pompeyscum.... if stephen fretwell is still the first support make sure you get there in time to see him as i thought he was superb. just him on his own with his guitar. (nice to meet you the other week by the way!!)

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
Raphael Meade said:
i saw keane on this tour in pompeyscum.... if stephen fretwell is still the first support make sure you get there in time to see him as i thought he was superb. just him on his own with his guitar. (nice to meet you the other week by the way!!)

You groupie!!:lolol:

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Santana Wembley Arena, about 1971
Jack Bruce's lifetime Dome about 1972
Pogues Brighton Centre about 1985
Dylan Hammersmith Odeon about 1989.
Simply Red (great Charlie Drake impersonation, tho') !! Brighton Centre about 1985.
King Crimson, Brighton Dome about 1972. I'd reather listen to my neighbour mowing the lawn.
Lenny Henry Assembley Hall Worthing, about 1990. He just insulted the audiences intelligence & then had the audacity to sing Free's "with a little bit of love", over a backing tape!

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Nothing wrong with the band, but Neil Young in Sheffield on the last tour. They had a Goldern Circle, and if you wern't in it and standing you saw absolutly nothing.

Piss poor venue, (Arena) to boot.

Vicar

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Simply Red at the NEC in about 1989, utter toss, dragged along by a friend.

The Spinners at the Brighton Centre in 1977, treat from Mum shortly after I had heard the Pistols for the first time

The Proclaimers at Manchester International in 1987, took girlfriend (now wife) to our first gig trying to impress her with my knowledge of up and coming music. They did not come on stage until 11.15 at night (this was on a Tuesday) and could not hit a proper note between them

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
The Cure: Portsmouth Guildhall, 1981 - dirge after dirge
John Martyn: Cambridge Corn Exchange, 1995 - JM pissed out of his mind
Jefferson Starship, Knebworth 1978,, no Grace Slick
Flash, Lancing College 1972, featuring rejects from Yes
Prince Far I, School of African and Oriental Studies, 1982, stoned old rasta rambling incoherently to incoherent crusty audience

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here