Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Concert You've Ever Been To

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tight Fit, at the Croyde Bay Haven holiday camp, around 1990. I dunno, but their material just didn't carry the same power playing Live. Very disappointing.
Maybe it was a "Tribute band" ? I hope so, for their sakes.

Bono

Jul 18, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Madonna at Wembley stadium on the Girlie Tour.....Pants, £40 to sit in the cold watching a television screen which was out of sync with the sound.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Dana Gillespie
Huddersfield 1977

Went to see her cos of her association with Bowie and Robert Palmer, but the girl could not perform, could not sing and was so far up her own arse that we all copped out after half a dozen songs and decanted to a bar for the rest of the gig

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Bono said:
Madonna at Wembley stadium on the Girlie Tour.....Pants, £40 to sit in the cold watching a television screen which was out of sync with the sound.

Same as.. plus she played the whole Erotica album, rather than the plethora of hits that she had racked up before. I think she only performed 4 songs from her 80's catalogue.. the bint sold out... AND in 2001, at Earls Court she did the same again!

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Now you have me thinking

My mate Lee maysey and I went to see Tangerine Dream just after Kraftwerk at the dome. It was truly awful and we actually ended up laughing at them.

I recall one track about the Farmyard, and they kept making Baaaa noises and the occasional mooo. Classic

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
John Denver

Yes, I'm ashamed. Ex-wife wanted to go and all that......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
Now you have me thinking

My mate Lee maysey and I went to see Tangerine Dream just after Kraftwerk at the dome.

I heard some music journalist/critic saying that Kraftwerk were one of the most influential bands of the last 30 years :eek:

Apart from really disliking their music I hold them responsible for Gary Numan "Cars", I think he was influenced by "Autobahn" :D

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Had to take my little sister to see Oasis at Knebworth, apart from the prodigy who we're very good Oasis sucked arse and it was the most boring pile of shite I've EVER been too...bloody images of dead people ended up with Lenoon and all the little twats near me cheered as if they knew who he was. Horrid day :angry:

Wire at the Electric Ballroom in London. They had just released the brilliant '154', but came on doing tribal dances wearing paper hats for 40 minutes. The boring punks down the front got them to play '12XU' at the end - and to cap it all, that shit was released as a live LP! ('document and eyewitness').

Dr Feelgood Hammesmith Odeon. Lee Brillauex announced that the band were exhausted at the end of the tour, and after 2 numbers they were off. I spose it couldn't be helped, but it was a bummer to go all the way there for that.

Gary Moore Band at The Dome as support to Rory Gallagher. He was 17 I think, and he was still posing and grimmacing while holding long bending notes that a 3yr old could play. Wank.

Uriah Heep, Dome. Predictable over-amped pose-fest by hair-band. Having seen all the top rock bands (except Deep Purple), they were run-of-the-mill and obvious, plus untalented.

Prince at LA Colleseum. What a pratt thinking himself a sexy boy in his black underpants supporting the Stones, in front of rednecks and bikers. After he got pelted with beer cans for 3 songs, he was gone. I only wish I had a seat closer, and several heavy cans - then I could've participated.

VAST at The Whisky on Sunset. The band were ok, but the lead singer bloke was such an utter tosser complaining that we weren't cheering enough! He should have stayed at home and worked on making records, he certainly wasn't an entertainer.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ive seen some dire performances by great bands . . . .probably the worst that springs to mind was Blur once, at the Top Rank suite . . . .I dont think Damon hit a good note all night.

I saw Carter USM at Steyning Grammar school once, possibly the worst racket/ear offence ever, I wouldnt even go as far as to call it music, absolutely disgraceful :eek:

I had the misfortune to be walking through the NME field at Glasters once and caught a bit of the Ozric tentacles . . . .Medieval torture chambers created more melodic tunes than that . . .scummer crusties the lot of them . . ..and the stench :lolol:

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
As a small boy, an Aunt came to look after my brother and I and wanted to go to see a concert at The Assembly Rooms in Worthing, but she didn't want to go on her own. Being such a good young chap I agreed to go along and keep her company and I have to say Billie Jo Spiers is crap.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I've seen some duff performances, mind-numbingly bad support and so on, but my nominations are:

- Pond. Some mid 90s American subpop grunge failures. They were support to Throwing Muses, who I love so much I went to see four times in six nights. Unfortunately that also meant seeing Pond four times in six nights. By the third night I was almost screaming with the tedium of it.

- Sugarcubes. Now they did some good stuff and all, but live they could be infuriating. I saw them second to last on the bill at Reading Festival, with only New Order to follow. People gave them a chance at the beginning, but by halfway through their set the entire front of the audience was chanting for them to get off and let New Order on. Which only wound them up. Result - 30 minutes of chaos.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ralph McTell at the Dome, Brighton.

Worst out of 100+ by quite a long way. Total waste of time.

Last edited:

Dunkstar

Jul 6, 2003
Up a Hill
I thought bash at the beach was pretty crap.My dad would like to add Chris Rea at the Brighton Centre about 8 years ago as well.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
The second Fat Boy Slim thing on the beach. Too many people, left after a bit and went to clubbing instead, couldn't hear anything, all off licenses in town sold out and when I did eventually hear what he played on someone's CD at a later date, it was mostly commercial crap. Well dissapointed as the first one was quality.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
perseus said:
Ralph McTell at the Dome, Brighton.

Worst out of 100+ by quite a long way. Total waste of time.

How many times did he play "Streets Of London"? Reminds me of that brilliant Ralph McTell sketch on 'Big Train'.

My worst gig was UB40. Thank God the tickets were fre... :(

Wayne County and the electric chairs at Reading 1977. So mind numbingly awful, it was embarrassing. After the fifth "song" ( ? ) the crowd started booing and bombarding the stage with clods of mud. Thankfully they left the stage soon after.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
the wife says blink 182 about 10 years ago at wembley arena. they played because cranberrys pulled out. she says a packed wembley arena had about 3 people clapping after their set. everybody felt embarresed for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here