Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Concert You've Ever Been To

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The Cure at the Top Rank in about 1980, the back-up was a 'film' they'd made.

All random coloured shapes. It was as exciting as watching one of those lava lamps.

:angry:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BHA links said:
The Cure at the Top Rank in about 1980, the back-up was a 'film' they'd made.

All random coloured shapes. It was as exciting as watching one of those lava lamps.

:angry:

Saw the same tour at Portsmouth Guildhall. They came on at 730 with most people still in the bar/pub, played an hour's worth of arty dirges with dodgy film as backdrop, a perfunctory encore, and buggered off.

Other choices:
- The Slits at the Top Rank (1978); how they ever managed to make the records sound half-decent is a mystery to me.
- John Martyn at Cambridge (1995); so pissed he couldn't even stand up.
- Jefferson Starship at Knebworth (1978); Grace Slick was drying out somewhere and they played live without her for the first time.
- An unnamed band supporting Ducks Deluxe at Worthing Assembly Rooms in 1975; their own composition 'Jonie is a Woman!!' haunts me to this day.

Polish Count

Feb 5, 2004
BN1
There was a Heineken sponsored 'festival' at Stanmer Park in the early 1990s...amazing that the Falmer NIMBY's didn't manage to block it given the noise pollution aspect :D

Anyway, I seem to remember that the bands on the bill ranged from the truly appalling Jesus Loves You [featuring Boy George] to the not-so-bad-at all Freak Power [fronted by Ashley Beadle, but with 'Our Norman' as the creative brains behind it]. The music wasn't all that bad as it happens, but given that it was sponsored by Heineken, all that was available was weak-as-piss Euro lager...and that's what makes it my worst concert ever.

All I wanted to be able to do was this...:drink:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here