Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Concert You've Ever Been To

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Following on from last weeks thread about best ever concert you've been to, how about the WORST ever concert you've been to. Have you ever been to a concert which you expected to be brilliant but turned out to be a bitter disappointment? Or did something happen which ruined the night.

I remember being dragged along by an ex-girlfriend to a Kool & the Gang concert in about 1984. What a load of shit. Overrated, overhyped and overpriced. 2 hours of mind numbing extended mixes of all their "hits."Almost screaming to get out by the end.
Also a Madness concert in Brighton 1981. Great concert untill a dozon or so nutters decided to liven things up a bit by declaring all out war on each other during the encore.Remember being sent flying by the bouncers as they dived into the crowd to try and break things up. In the end the band just walked off stage never to return.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dragged along to Diana Ross at NEC once - useless cow :angry: :angry: :angry:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Soft Cell at The Concert Hall in Toronto.

Absolute waste of time and money. Marc Almond on vocals, the other one on some cheapo keyboard and their backing band-a bank of tape decks!

20 bucks (in '83) to watch a load of tape decks playing:shootself

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
doncaster band called playground chairs in a pub in sheffield. everytime i had seen them b4 they were very good. this was their big break (supposedly) as there was a few record companys watching. first song brilliant half way through 2nd the pa system failed and they couldnt get it going again. so they played their whole set but without a microphone on the voice. he tried shouting the lyrics but it just wasnt their night.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Ernest said:
I went to see Milli Vannilli at the Top Rank in 1989, I'm sure the buggers were miming :angry: :angry:

After reading your "Theres something about Miriam" thread I'd have thought you'd have been to see the Israeli Eurovision Transgender phenonemon Dana International ?

poke

Oct 19, 2003
i went and saw 911 twice:nono: :nono: :nono:

i was only young tho

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
I saw No Doubt at Glasto 2 years ago. About 30feet from the front... snoring away. I missed their whole set (thank god!).

I did the same at Kosheen a year later...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Frankie Goes to Hollywood at the Centre.

Sheer unadulterated filth and crap.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Saw De La Soul last year, and was very disapointed, especially when they eventually were 'forced' by the crowd to play Say No Go, they just sang De La Soul, don't like this song though it !!!

and the support was shite Aspects, hip hop my arse !!!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I remember seeing hole once at Reading and courtney love was booed off stage for being so shite, Saw them a couple of years later and they were miles better.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Man at the Dome - heavy and dreadful Welsh rock

Robert Plant at the Centre - maybe I was expecting Led Zeppelin but it was crap

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Icy ,I saw Man at the Dome.

Bloody hell that was loud, although my mate fell asleep in the concert, some going I tell you.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I saw a UK hip hop crew called The Outlaw Posse. In front of my hip hop peers they called me "wack" just because i missed a damn 'B' off the end of the lead rapper's name when asked.
My head was hung in immortal shame.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
"pay as you go" came to our school - were meant to be the next biggest thing on the rap scene - my god they were awful! i almost wanted to go back to science!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
ben andrews girlfriend said:
"pay as you go" came to our school - were meant to be the next biggest thing on the rap scene - my god they were awful! i almost wanted to go back to science!

You've got to give them some credit though.

Pah, bah, coat, gone.

Yes at the Centre in 1980 - they had been Buggle-fied by then. So full of yes fans feeling hard done by as it wasn't the band they'd grown up with..........

and Trevor Horne comes out and says.....

"hallo Southamnpton!" :shootself :shootself :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here