Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

world travel

Arong692

Oct 2, 2008
Im planning on going world traveling the year after next. My plan is to go for about 8 months and i wanna do all the major places i.e australia, nez zeland, south america, north america and more. So i was just wondering has anyone on here been world traveling before and how was it? Also how much do you think it would cost?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
been many places and I know everyone goes there but SE Asia is v good as is Central America, cost, f*** knows where your planning to go, sounds like a good trip, everywhere I've been 40$ a day is normally ok. Have a good un though and take backup dosh

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I did it in 2002, was planning to go to the World Cup but it was so expensive.
Instead I used the money to go away for 5 months (instead of 1month at the World Cup)

Flew to Singapore, then to Bali, then a couple of islands around Indonesia.
From there I flew to Perth, then a flight to Sydney where I stayed for a few weeks before making my way up the East Coast (taking in Brisbane, Noosa, Byron Bay, Fraser Island, the Whitsundays and Cairns)

I then made my way to Fiji for 4 weeks, then flew to America (where I saw the sunset twice on the same day)

Landed in LA, then went from there to San Diego, Las Vegas, San Francisco and Seattle

Across the border to Canada where I went to Vancouver, Chermainus, Vancouver Island and Whistlers

Then back home to see Prosser do us in.

Cost me £900 for a round the World Ticket (from STA Travel) which was a ticket that allowed me 27000 miles, but not go back on myself.

Booked a hostel on the first night of every country i flew to, but other than that its easy to pick up somewhere when you get to a new town.

Spent just £3000 in the just under 5 months

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I did it in 2002, was planning to go to the World Cup but it was so expensive.
Instead I used the money to go away for 5 months (instead of 1month at the World Cup)

Spent just £3000 in the just under 5 months

I went to the World Cup and thought I did OK only ripping up 3k in 23 days including flights and tickets though - most of my time in South Korea (much cheaper), sleeping on my mates floor in Shibuya (he was teacher at British School Tokyo at the time by 'chance'), selling on Japan tickets for a nice cut - didn't plan to tout but we were begged by some locals who would have taken a lot more out of the game.

But did have a ace time which included the rather costly pursuits of clubbing in Yellow, shopping in Evisu and Bullet training past Mt Fuji on the way to England v Denmark.

As maffew says - SE Asia is a must see despite being on the trail

Make sure of your financial security. Carry plastic that accesses your money, rather than risking everything in a wallet. Be as aware and careful as you would in Britain, about where you go and with who. Trusting people hospitable to you simply because you're a stranger.... that's dodgy thinking. Better safe than sorry.
In some places, people relish the idea of owning your belongings, or having power over you. They may have slick ways up their sleeves to achieve that (distractions, drugs in your drink, waiting til you are asleep, etc). Be open, while not naieve.

Best not to make big deadlines or schedules for yourself. Spontaneity is a key ingredient of freedom. Learn languages and accept people not speaking yours. Learn about, and from. Use the internet to store addresses and numbers, and to let your people know what you are doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here