Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Snooker Final Higgins V Trump

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It says much for world snooker that I used to watch the works championships avidly some years ago but I haven't caught a single frame this time and had no idea who was in the final until I saw this thread.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
How do you edit a thread title? - as i've managed to spanner it up.

I hardly new what you were talking about.

I hope Trump does it. I used to like Higgins until he started throwing matches. Hope he stuffs him.

And hes got fat.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Partly that is why i want Trump to win, 21 years old and he's played some great stuff to get to the final. Where as Higgins has just ground out the results. Think Higgins will win but will be a shame as Trumpp really seems to have gained alot of interest in the tournament.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Just watched the feature on Kirk Stevens. Quite a character back in the eighties and good to see him looking so well after his problems. What a 147 at The Masters in 1984. :clap:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I've never seen a 147 live - I watch a fair bit of snooker but never seen it done at the time bit like darts never seen a 9 dart finish.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
mmmmm......that 10th frame looked a bit dodgy. Couple of unusual errors from Higgins.

Just saying.

Last edited:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
mmmmm......that 10th frame looked a bit dodgy. Couple of unusual errors from Higgins.

Just saying.

He seems a bit flat today. The semi-final against Mark Williams took a lot out of him last night physically and emotionally with him looking up to the heavens because of his dad recently passing away. I think he'll play much better tomorrow and still believe he'd turn it round IF he was trailing overnight.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He seems a bit flat today. The semi-final against Mark Williams took a lot out of him last night physically and emotionally with him looking up to the heavens because of his dad recently passing away. I think he'll play much better tomorrow and still believe he'd turn it round IF he was trailing overnight.

I'd still make him a strong favourite to win this.

To be fair he is missing a few in every frame at the moment, I'm sure the timing will come back soon, as you say a good nights sleep will do wonders.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Trump has really caught the moment with those powerful pots - cracking entertainment.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Trump 10-7 up overnight, come on the Juddster.
Was a bit sceptical about my acquaintance's bet, but it seems that back in 1997, his 14yo son was playing in a local club and got ripped to bits by an eight-year-old who needed to stand on a box to play his shots. He got the kid's name and rang up a bookie the next day to get a price for him to win a WC at some point in the future. Fourteen years later, he's eight frames away from ten grand for a tenner.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Higgins pulls one back. 10-8. Both players making a few errors so far today.

Had a wager earlier at 6/4 on the Wizard of Wishaw claiming his fourth world title.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here