Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup Where and what channel?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Where will you be watching england in the world cup and what channel do you prefer watching it on i cant stand itv espically if pleat was to be commentating! :angry:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
BBC, like munkfish I can't stand David Pleat, if I watch a game on ITV it will be with the sound turned off and R5 on instead (if you have never tried this give it a go, you will never listen to an ITV commentary again).

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Gully said:
BBC, like munkfish I can't stand David Pleat, if I watch a game on ITV it will be with the sound turned off and R5 on instead (if you have never tried this give it a go, you will never listen to an ITV commentary again).

I have this before and it mightely improves the viewing experience.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
the radio always makes the game much more intresting than it is great stuff :lolol: :lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have only ever watched a handful of games on Sky, I find their swooshing sounds almost as irritating as David Pleat.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Gully said:
Indeed, ITV's whole setup and football coverage is SHIT.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So where are people going to watch it? not sure what pubs are good to go to but wouldnt mind staying at home have a bbq and few mates round anyone got any plans?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Well munkers if you fancy a bbq I will be up for it. Yours or mine big boy? Why you no respond to my PM.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'll probably go round mates or have them round mine, have a few beers. Don't really like wathcing football in pubs.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Silent Bob said:
I'll probably go round mates or have them round mine, have a few beers. Don't really like wathcing football in pubs.

I second that. Like to actually be able to watch the game and not put up with some nobber who knows nothing talking bullshit whilst knowing it will take me forever to get a pint at half time. Just pull a beer out the fridge and sit in comfort with the mates is the way to go.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Gully said:

I cant do this where I live as due to the fact I cannot get a decent picture with an aerial I only have satellite TV which is always a second or two behind the radio so I always know what happened before seeing it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
gazwag said:
I cant do this where I live as due to the fact I cannot get a decent picture with an aerial I only have satellite TV which is always a second or two behind the radio so I always know what happened before seeing it.

Turn up your radio to 11 and place it about 1/2 mile away and the sound will arrive at the same time as the pics.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Wozza said:
Turn up your radio to 11 and place it about 1/2 mile away and the sound will arrive at the same time as the pics.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

That's a good idea :thumbsup:

Its a shame you cant get something like sky+ for radios so you can delay the sound for just long enough

gazwag said:
Press the famous RED BUTTON and you get the option of Radio Five Live commentary coming through your TV set, rather than the voice of Motson.

The delays are synchronised.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Lord Bracknell said:
Press the famous RED BUTTON and you get the option of Radio Five Live commentary coming through your TV set, rather than the voice of Motson.

The delays are synchronised.

Quality,

I shall be watching on bbc at home.

1066gull

Beeb.

Their Digital features will win it. Shame I don't have digital.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here