Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup Thoughts

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am sure I heard today the after the game tonight we will be an eighth through the tournament and wondered what initial thoughts are.

As ever I think it has been a superb tournament so far with magnificent stadia - nice to see you can take a pint to your seat and looks very well organised.

Football wise, good quality and by far the best sportsmanship I have seen for a long time.

Let's hope this fantastic German World Cup continues as it has.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
It's been okay, not sure the football itself has really taken off yet, but I'd agree on the sportsmanship front - although I still think the referees could do more in this respect. Wasn't overly impressed with the organisation in Frankfurt, but that may only be one venue.

Good, will hopefully get better.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Apart from the England game (result apart) its been very good entertainment so far.

Good news on the TV front my Grans old TV is sat in an empty house in Guildford so all is not lost....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Been impressed with Trinidad & Tobago - Thursday has all the elephant traps of Cameroon in Italia '90, it will not be easy.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
it has been wonderful

i look forward to tomorrow with baited breath, as the prospect of another day of pubing it up is simply overwhelming

study leave + world cup = perfect combination

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Scotty M said:
study leave + world cup = perfect combination

My mate has been put on gardening leave for 4 weeks from a job he was thinking of leaving anyway. And all during the world cup. Jammy barstard!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
sir danny cullip said:
Study leave (with exam monday morning)+ world cup=nicht gut.:(

first exam friday morning. england play thursday night. wonderful scenes:clap:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It is good, but I am selfish, and would like to see a few more goals from the 'big' teams! That said, results for the underdog are great too (like Trinidad), but let's not hope for another of those on Thursday!.

Saw some highlights of Robben today, he looks a class act, but definitely Ivory Coast, and to a lesser extent Angola tonight have impressed me - their fitness levels and pace are immense! they know how to play football, just lack the cutting edge.

More of the same, but an improvement from England please:clap2:

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Scotty M said:
first exam friday morning. england play thursday night. wonderful scenes:clap:

My Biology A level was the day after the Portugal game in Euro 2004, still not sure hoe i passed that :clap2:

Its been a good tournement so far

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
There are no easy games in the finals anymore.

A few years ago some teams used to get right tonkings. Now that most players play abroad (mostly Europe) the gap has narrowed.

lotta early goals that settle the games from what i've seen. heat could play a part in games as well.

good fun so far

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
It's been okay, not sure the football itself has really taken off yet, but I'd agree on the sportsmanship front - although I still think the referees could do more in this respect. Wasn't overly impressed with the organisation in Frankfurt, but that may only be one venue.

Good, will hopefully get better.

Those trains back after the game were fun, saunatastic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here