Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup Qatar cancelled?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't see how, after people have spent millions on the 2022 bidding process, Blatter could legally take it away from Qatar and give it to a country not in the process. I'd have thought some US and Australian lawyers might get involved quite quickly.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Have not heard this yet but wouldn't suprise me. Bladder having already taken a huge bung from Qatar will sell the games to the highest bidder again, and double at the very least double his profit. (Not allowing for the 2018 Russian investment).

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There will be a rebid, Blatter will get his slice of the pie and in a couple years we can expect him to be unfurling the winning piece of paper with the words:

"Ze World Cup in 2022 will go to...Dubai!"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so what we are saying is that *if* :)lol:) there has been corruption and it can be shown, in such a manner to not implicate Blatter, he ... i mean, FIFA will cancel Qatar and announce a new round of bids for 2022, in which we expect China to submit a strong case (of money)

quite possible. i rather fancy putting a bet on that Qatar will not happen.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
How can corruption be proved if FIFA are investigating FIFA - not going to happen, is it ?

It's like the Law Society, I had a major complaint against the conduct of a firms actions during my divorce case. Turned out my lawyer and his wife are personal friends with my ex-wife's parents, play tennis, go to theatre, all the usual stuff that you do as friends. When informed of this, I contacted the Law Society as I wholeheartedly believed this was a conflict of interest. Immediately, the shutters came down and was eventually written to and informed that there couldn't be any conflict as lawyers are not allowed to discuss cases due to client confidentiality. Yeah, right !!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If I was Liechtenstein, I'd have a go too. Secretive tax haven with no questions asked, not too far a trip for the Swiss slug, no track record of football achievement...ticks all the boxes.

Oct 25, 2003
so what we are saying is that *if* :)lol:) there has been corruption and it can be shown, in such a manner to not implicate Blatter, he ... i mean, FIFA will cancel Qatar and announce a new round of bids for 2022, in which we expect China to submit a strong case (of money)

quite possible. i rather fancy putting a bet on that Qatar will not happen.

china, or any other asian nation (f***ing AUSTRALIA) would be 2026

so basically 2022 wouldn't go to an asian nation (as then they'd be hosting it two tournaments in a row), so while the other candidates were all asian (japan, south korea, australia, qatar) the one that isn't is the usa, which was blatters choice in the first place

my take on the matter is that they've realised that they've made a monumental f*** up in giving it to qatar

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This Qatar business is all a bit queer. I believe the FA should have a word with Blatter, mend a few bridges, a compromise to Blatter's liking can surely be reached.

"Ze World Cup in 2022 vill go to...Jersey!"

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
you can bet your last chip that the aussies will have a top team of lawyers onto this if it should eventuate...!! They were gutted to miss out on it and were opposed to the double announcement , citing fears of nepotism and corrupt activities.....!!! jimbo , lawyers are bent fuckers , i had an injury claim from an accident in Brisbane that left me generally f***ed for over a year , as i had travelled back to sydney , a lot of the negotiations were done over the phone with a local (Noosa ) lawyer they basically contrived to hoodwink me into accepting a 50,000 payout with no admission of liability and a confidentiality clause , knowing full well that my medical expenses were over 80,000 .........i got a second opinion and had to get a civil order to get them to send my file down for a sydney lawyer to take a look....result , two unemployed noosa lawyers and a 180,000 payout for me .......one of the lawyers involved was the brother of the Noosa council clerk who was overseeing the claim.........bent fuckers.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
There will be a rebid, Blatter will get his slice of the pie and in a couple years we can expect him to be unfurling the winning piece of paper with the words:

"Ze World Cup in 2022 will go to...Dubai!"

You'll all be very welcome to stay at mine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here