Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup Qatar cancelled?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just mentioned on TS, WC in Qatar will not go ahead, Sepp Blater wants it elsewhere, prefers China.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Just mentioned on TS, WC in Qatar will not go ahead, Sepp Blater wants it elsewhere, prefers China.

Find that a bit hard to believe, I suppose China has made him a better offer.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
In a way I hope [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION]'s post is factually incorrect. It shouldn't be down to one man to move a World Cup. It should go through the process, however mentally insane and pointless the process is.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You missed the important 'IF' (corruption is found) out of your opening post

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sorry, yes, he said if the proof is provided that there was corruption, then the world cup will not go to Qatar. I didn't leave that off on purpose, just typed it too quick.

Also, Gus is on in a while too.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
This is just a journalist's point of view after speaking to Sepp Blatter previously - there was an indication by Blatter that, if they were presented with any evidence of wrongdoing then they would investigate and then who knows what would happen. The journalist suggests that Blatter wants to WC to be in China in 2026, and being in Qatar 2022 would mess this up with the whole rotation thing. Blatter's own vote for 2022 went to the USA.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry, yes, he said if the proof is provided that there was corruption, then the world cup will not go to Qatar.

Well, the head of the Qatar bid has been kicked out of FIFA and given a life ban from football for corruption. You'd think that in itself would be enough to re-open the bidding process, but then we are talking about Blatter I suppose.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How can corruption be proved if FIFA are investigating FIFA - not going to happen, is it ?

Well, if the internal investigation into FIFA, by FIFA, uncovers no corruption, at least we will now know for certain that the organisation is corrupt and the investigation was corrupt.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
How can corruption be proved if FIFA are investigating FIFA - not going to happen, is it ?

This, unfortunately is the truth. Internal investigations are suitable for minor to mid-ranging problems. Where there is the suggestion that an entire body is corrupt, any internal investigation will be seen as a farce.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The only thing worth listening to on Talksport is Bobby Gould.

Have H&J left then?

I've switched Talksport off some time ago, but surely it hasn't slipped so far that Gould is the best on there, or have they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here