Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WORLD Class Players - have we ever have one before?

matt

Mar 19, 2007
I think it is fair to say that a few years ago Vicente was regarded as one of the best players in Europe, if not the world. Have we ever had a player who at some point in his career has been regarded so highly?

Lawrenson maybe? Corrigan?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Frank Stapleton

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Bobby Smith

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally I think he is probably the best....he was spoken about as one of the top ten players in the world.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Lawrenson won 5 league titles 1 european cup (champions league) 1 fa cup 3 league cups 2 charity shields. Have to think this!!!!!!

SeagullsReloaded

SeagullsReloaded.com
Aug 29, 2011
Spain
Always a difficult thing to define 'world class', but Mark Lawrenson is the only one that springs to mind.

Maybe we should expand this thread to define what 'world class' means and then try again. Whatever, I don't think we've had many - not in my era anyway. I always felt things didn't work out as well as they might have done for Jimmy Case, same for Peter Ward (he only did it for us), Lawro went to Liverpool and was superb. Gary Stevens got an England cap (or two? not sure), Steve Foster got one too...

World class managers or managers who have played at international level - Liam Brady certainly...Gus Poyet...Alan Mullery...yep, prob more managers than players as candidates here...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Lawrenson certainly. Best player since him was the Ukranian who was on loan and Stains signed him when we thought Bazza Lloyd had done a deal.

---
I am here: Google Maps

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
If only Liam Brady had actually played for us............

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Kitchen chef?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here