Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Working with Palarse Fans today - How was it?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I am sure many of us work alongside palarse fans. How was it today. I work alongside four of them ( they must have slipped through the interview net ).

One of them, calls himself a palarse fan, never knows who they are playing or results, all of a sudden was there greatest fan today. Second one was at the game and had nothing but praise for the stadium, thought the accoustics were fantastic. Third one sent me a couple of early e-mails but I somehow managed not to respond.

Not too bad for me, anyone had an interesting day alonside our palarse friends?

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Had an excuse to have the morning off which I was pleased about, time is a great healer.

Worked with a Palace fan in the afternoon, just the two of us couldn't really avoid him. He was OK about it, as he was with the 0-5. Myself, I am going to struggle to be so diplamatic when we finally beat them.

I told him that I thought Williams was very good and could not believe he was only 17.

He told me that he turned the radio off after 20 minutes as we were destroying. He also said that he could hardly hear the commentry because we were so loud which made me feel a bit better....apparantley it was on Radio 5, which suprised me on a champions league night.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
There's a couple in my office, but as with all mid-week games I arrange a WFH the day after so I don't have to get up at stupid o'clock. Hopefully won't be too bad tomorrow, and I've calmed down a bit.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I work with one and have e-mail banter with another.
I got in and e-mailed my mate just saying "Well done. Your smile must be as big as the London Eye this morning". He replied in kind
The one I work with came in and was just as OK as she normally is.
Most real fans are OK - I find that the ones that call themselves fans but who never go are worse.
Real fans know that their team (whoever it is - CPFC or whoever) is only a couple of shoddy performances away from sliding down the league.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Surprisingly ok - but the two I work with are top blokes and both were at the game! Whilst obviously they were delighted, they were disgusted with their "fans" behaviour and had nothing but praise for the stadium and facilities!

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I work with 3 of the bastards, and they haven't stopped ribbing me all day.
One even phoned me up this afternoon pretending to be a shrink and offering me some counselling !

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Could have been worse.. just a half day of mild abuse.
although seeing his smug little face all morning was unbearable.

Flex Your Head

It could've been a lot worse - mainly some good natured banter. Some cracking reviews of the stadium "best I've seen outside the Premiership", "so much better than Derby and Southampton's places", but some annoyance with the travel and lack of parking. Weirdly, even in Beckenham there are relatively few Palace fans. The best 'supported' club is Spurs by far, followed by Chelski and Arsenal.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
My Boss and the Headteacher where i work are Palace fans, both reasonable guys tho, so no gloating. Just wanted to know how the match went, and who deserved what and who played well.

:)

bhafc82

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton
Not as bad as I thought though one of them must have been watching another game as they didn't think we were that bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here