no football/rugby shirts

so whats different to normal day

female dress code:

no short skirts
no strapless tops
no football/rugby shirts
no jeans
no trainers

its so annoying, basically it means dress down for girls in the summer, wearing pretty much what they want. as for blokes, short straw. like people that smoke get 10 min ciggy break, non smokers get nada

rant over

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yeah its crap. Shirt and tie still in my office. I would still wear that anyway because I like looking smart but I know lots of my colleagues think its shit.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I used to have this arguement at my old workplace. The rules were males must wear - shirt, tie, dark trousers, dark shoes. For females - anything but jeans or denim !!

So while the guys sweat it out in dark trousers and tie, the girls chill out in vest tops and skirts.

Equality my FUCKIN ARSE !!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Its suit and tie in my office.

f***ing stinky bastards we all are by the end of the summer !

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
teaching PE tomorrow means shorts and t-shirt, lose the shirt and tie and enjoy the sun. Can't wait.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
we get to pick stuff thats selling in the store for 75% discount during a 4 week period - so we all basically get strappy tops!! and we're also allowed to wear flip flops if we want!! there arent any blokes working in our store so i dont know if there is a dress code!! although im not all that sure that theyd want to wear the stuff we sell!!!

Apparently we can take our ties off if we want. My problem with that is that blokes dressed in smart trousers and tucked in shirt, without ties, look like Dads on a night out!

On the point raised about fag breaks, couldn't agree more. If I have a 10 min wander aropund the office doing f*ck all, I get sarcy comments from senior management. Someone goes outside to feed their addiction, no one batters an eyelid. I might take up heroin and have a fix break for 10 mins at a time. All addicts together!:angry:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ha! I work for myself, I have an office in the Brighton Business Center and my summer dress code is T-shirt and shorts. I could no more work in a collar and tie than in a spacesuit.

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
A lot of my superiors at work should come to work dressed like this!!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Brovian said:
Ha! I work for myself, I have an office in the Brighton Business Center and my summer dress code is T-shirt and shorts. I could no more work in a collar and tie than in a spacesuit.

Me too but my office is at home so it's shorts and tee shirt with laptop in the garden for me

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I remember last summer when it was really hot, my boss had a go at me for not wearing a tie. Despite pointing out that I was in the upstairs office where no customers would see me and that the thermometre on the wall was nudging 95 he was still insistant. :censored:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It amazes me the attitude of employers in this country. It doesn't matter if everythings going to the dogs just as long as you're wearing a collar and tie everything will be alright.

If you go anywhere else in the world they dress according to the conditions - Cairns in Australia the bank staff were wearing shorts and t-shirts and it didn't effect how I was served !!!!

Employers need to take their heads out their arses and worry about more important things than ties. :angry:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Wear canvas trousers and a polo shirt! Jeans are really hot in the summer! I'd much rather wear chinos or the like...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm in shorts and t-shirt in an air-conditioned office. Hot as hell cycling in this morning though, went for a swim to cool down first...just bliss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here