Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Work is a bitch sometimes...

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
...They say I must turn up for tomorrows evening shift even though i asked for it as holiday 2 weeks ago. I can't even phone in sick as the bloody store manager is making sure his one evening of the week is tomorrow. :angry: :angry: :angry:

f***ing Co Op :censored:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Oh man, that's GUTTING. I'm sorry. Surely if you asked for it as holiday they can't make you work? Did they approve it?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Sorry to hear you have to work, Matt. Presumably the store has to have enough staff in and it looks like you have drawn the short straw.

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
Downloaded Penguin said:
Oh man, that's GUTTING. I'm sorry. Surely if you asked for it as holiday they can't make you work? Did they approve it?

They said it depends on the situation the day before and how tomorrow looks like with sickness. Obviously the covering supervisor for me has f***ing done a bunk. :censored: :censored:

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:( join the club matt

bet any money its gonna be busy as well tomorrow :(

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Shame you can't resign and tell them to f*** off.

Are you on a permanent contract? Have you ever been in trouble there before?

If the answers to these to questions are 'yes' and 'no' respectively f*** 'em, go sick. The absolute worst they can do is give you a verbal warning, no matter HOW obvious it is.

What are you, man or mouse? PHONE IN SICK. :angry:

Disclaimer: Safeway Seagull does not accept any liability for your sacking as a result of taking his advice.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Ring in sick, if you get the sack, you'll be able to get another one. It's only co-op! You'll regret not watching it, especially if it turns out to be an epic of a game.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
It could be a real "Where were you when..." moment

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
While you are at it, develop some mysterious illness, which keeps you off for a week - they say that watching football causes eye strain, stress, anxiety, depression. Why not have all of those on different days of the week??:wave:

Koaste

Jun 18, 2004
BN3
If you've used up all your sick days, try calling in dead. This may confuse them sufficiently for you to watch the football in peace.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Koaste said:
If you've used up all your sick days, try calling in dead. This may confuse them sufficiently for you to watch the football in peace.

That really made me laugh. Imagine, the scenario:

"Hello, I won't be coming into work this evening."

"Do you have a reason, are you sick?"

"No, I am sorry, but I died this morning, funeral is next Wednesday if you want to come."

:lolol:

poke

Oct 19, 2003
i mite be working tonight but dont know yet.
i asked for it as holiday about 2 months ago but it was all booked up, so i was just praying we finshed top of the group.

when we didnt i asked if i could get it off, they said they would make a decision about it, i went it last night expecting a decision and they said they cant tell me til 5 o'clock tonight, by that time i'm already gonna be in the pub, and if they dont let me have it, i cant really turn round and say you've said no, so now im really ill.

or they might let me have two hours of round the game, which means i have to work for an hour and a half, then leg it to the pub, hopefully i'll get in and it wont be to packed, then watch the game, then leg it back to work, to work for half an hour.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Safeway said:
Are you on a permanent contract? Have you ever been in trouble there before?

If the answers to these to questions are 'yes' and 'no' respectively f*** 'em, go sick. The absolute worst they can do is give you a verbal warning, no matter HOW obvious it is.

What are you, man or mouse? PHONE IN SICK. :angry:

Disclaimer: Safeway Seagull does not accept any liability for your sacking as a result of taking his advice.
thats what id do, fuckin with a match like 2nite on!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
You need to get someone to phone up about 30 mins before K.O. and report that a family member (a grandparent is ideal) has been admitted to hospital with severe chest pains and that your presence is required. Its important to make sure that the person phoning up DOES NOT get hold of you directly and that message is passed on to you. If you take the call and have to relate it you may just look too guilty. Additionally the person taking the call, particularly if they are your senior, will want to be seen to be dealing with a situation effectively and with compassion. They are also hardly going to risk accusing you of making up such an 'awful tale' just to watch a footie game.

Of course if you are spotted in the pub you might be fecked!:p

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
That's shit Matt.

I had to miss possibly Brightons finest hour as despite having someone to cover my shift, and having a ticket, I wasn't allowed to have the day off for the first cup final match in '83. Couldn't really throw a sicky as the RAF took a dim view of such things - probably have been charged with being AWOL if I'd done it.

Sgt. K. Woods - I will never forgive you.

:censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here