Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woolworths.

1066gull

25,000 f***ing jobs about to become redundant and looking for work is not f***ing fun when you're trying to get on the ladder.

:(

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have a lot of friends who are about to lose their jobs, and I can't imagine how miserable a place it must be to work about now.

From a personal POV, I'm glad I left when I did, but that doesn't make me feel any less sad for all my mates who are still there.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
the woolworths in littlehampton is open till 8 tonight and have no stock hardly left at all

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I can't really believe Woolworths will just shut and I see that MFI is closing its doors as well.

Zavvi I believe is going into administration so I suppose the mega retail giants like Tescos will just take over now.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Zavvi I believe is going into administration so I suppose the mega retail giants like Tescos will just take over now.

I believe that's Woolworths fault though. Zavvi is shit now anyway, only seem to sell DVD's, only have about 100 CD's in store, and none of the old ones :nono:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
When a firm such as woolies closes its doors for the final time i shall for one be sad to see it go,always seemed to have what i wanted and normaly at a fair price,i shall miss pinching the odd pick n mix as i casualy pass by the counter.... :(

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Having taken a sneaky peak at my pressies it looks as though amongst my booty I'm getting some Debenhams and Boots vouchers for (proper) Crimbo, and am thinking I'd better spend them quick before the fuggers go out of business too!

:nono:

Having taken a sneaky peak at my pressies it looks as though amongst my booty I'm getting some Debenhams and Boots vouchers for (proper) Crimbo, and am thinking I'd better spend them quick before the fuggers go out of business too!

:nono:

Yet another non-football post :laugh:

I've also got some pieces of paper which state on them I promise to pay the bearer on demand the sum of.... Better get those spent in case the issuing bank goes under!

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
There are some winners though...

whatever replaces the woolworths' around the country will advertise for jobs, the ex woolworths people may get preference but there be some available for those out of a job before woolworths closed.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
1066 firstly I thought you were a student? There will always be a need for part-time barmen and the like. Secondly, I agree it's a horrible time for the people who work there, and a pretty crappy time to be trying to get a job as I and no doubt many others are.

1066gull

yes i am a student. and a very skint one. am not entitled to a lot of govenment funding as my dad's threshold is far to high as they expect the parents to pay, but all the money gets put in to the farm and never the family or the house...

its a bloody disgrace.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here