Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woolworths are bastards

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Regular readers of these pages may (or may not) be aware that I am something of an addict to the wonderful PS2 creation that is Guitar Hero. I can barely go a day without having an intensive strum-along to a bit of David Bowie or Judas Priest. Anyhoo, tragically my Guitar Hero disc somehow acquired an unwanted scratch last week, rendering it unloadable. With money being no object (I'd go without food for a week before going without my GH), I hot-footed it to my Southwick branch of Woolies on Saturday to take advantage of their "order any item, 24 hour delivery" boast, and ordered a new one. I was confidently told by Spotty Part Time Oik behind the counter that it'd be in on Monday/Tuesday of this week.

Monday disappointly elapsed with no sign of my GH, but I went to bed that night content and secure in the knowledge that it'd be at Woolies waiting for me to be picked up after work on Tuesday. Yesterday has come and gone with no sign of it, so after 3 phone calls to the store, they've assured me their system says that is has been been "dispatched". OK, so surely it'll be there TODAY then ? Nope. It was apparently "dispatched" 2nd CLASS on Monday, which means it *should* be in by the end of the week. I've thrown a bit of an eppy, saying (lying) that I needed it as a present for someone today, and was assured on Saturday about the 24 hour thing, and that it'd be there by Tuesday at the latest. They've been very apologetic, but basically no f***ing use at all. For all they know, I've got a distraught fictional nephew today with no birthday present because of their bullshit rhetoric about 24 hour delivery. Meantime, all I can do is hum the tune to Killer Queen and You Got Another Thing Coming, whilst softly strumming thin air in time to it. Once again I will be staring listlessly at the wall this evening, before crying myself to sleep tonight in the hope that it will finally arrive this morning.

In short - do NOT order anything from Woolworths if you expect them to keep to their 24 hour delivery pledge.

They LIE.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its a sad sad time in the easy 10 household. :nono:

Lets hope it turns up soon. It will be like manna from heaven!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh, and by last week, I'd just about mastered BOTH the guitar solos in Sharp Dressed Man (ZZ Top) on medium level. I've not played it for 6 days now, and its going to take me HOURS to get back to the standard I was at pre-scratched disc.
f***ing Woolworths.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Cancel the order and buy it somewhere else or is Woolworths in Southwick the only place in Sussex to sell Guitar Hero ?

Just a thought ;)

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Shock horror! Big companies don't give a shit about customer service! What was it that gave the game away, the poor guy they pay £5.10 an hour behind the counter or the Jo Whiley-voiced commercials?

Next up...discovering that the world is not really all in love.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
DAMANCLAY said:
Why didn't you just go into a normal computer game shop and walk away with one there and then?
Its a fair question. And here's the answer. Against my better judgement, I went to Woolies because I had £20 in vouchers to use there anyway. The missus was already kicking off on me basically blowing £100 (2 x £50) on this game, so I thought I'd compromise and use up the vouchers before they got spent on tupperware or some shit. In hindsight, I should've just gone to Game or something. But its DONE now, and I'll just have to wait.

The silver lining is that when it finally arrives, I'll have TWO guitars, and will be able to play the 2 player mode against mates, which sound ACE.

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Easy 10 said:
Its a fair question. And here's the answer. Against my better judgement, I went to Woolies because I had £20 in vouchers to use there anyway. The missus was already kicking off on me basically blowing £100 (2 x £50) on this game, so I thought I'd compromise and use up the vouchers before they got spent on tupperware or some shit. In hindsight, I should've just gone to Game or something. But its DONE now, and I'll just have to wait.

The silver lining is that when it finally arrives, I'll have TWO guitars, and will be able to play the 2 player mode against mates, which sound ACE.

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation2/4-/904901/-/Product.html?searchstring=guitar+hero

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Marshy said:
Svens fault...:) id blame him anyway
Now you mention it, I think it is his fault, indirectly.
We were so shit last Sunday against Ecuador, that it put me in a FILTHY mood all week. In my irritable state of mind, I must have been less than careful with the disc at some point, and advertantly scratched it when I took it out of the PS2. Now I've had to go without it since last Thursday as a direct result.
f***ing Sven.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
time to letter bomb all woolworths nation wide , this is clearly a liberty taken against man kind

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As an air guitar hero myself I doubt it you can move your fingers as quick as I can. I have played 60 000 sold old stadium many times and have hourdes of groupies waiting for me. Some days I am Michael Schenker and then I am Brian Robertson, on occasions Slash and also David Gilmour and Scott Gorham.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Easy 10 said:

Believe me ...IT IS:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Smoke on the water at Hard level - I am pathetic at it but Becky my youngest is superb. She has moved on to expert on some songs:down: :down: :down: :down:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well, i work part time in Woolworths, and am quite inclined to agree with you.

The 'Instore ordering' service is a farce, with items coming from Jersey, many peoiple have complained to me (and what do I know, I'm a 'spotty part time oik' who just says whats on the screen!).

Add to that the fact that they have no air conditioning. Now, I am fairly confident that the temperature in the shop was at least 35 degrees - the main server computer thingmebob overheated and the tills froze, leaving lots of even more pissed off customers. And then the sods don't even give you drinks!

:censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here