Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No- She should be playing against women

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Darts aint my thing- But she is fit.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Now the Women World Darts Champion has jumped ship to PDC, do you think it is right or wrong that she will now play against the likes of Phil Taylor, Raymond Van Barneveld. IMO I think it will be a good success for the PDC aswell as the experience she will gain playing in the biggest Darts tournaments in the world.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Shouldn't mix genders. It's like saying the Arsenal Womens team should be in the Men's Premier League and we'll see how they'll do then, given that they've played 12 and won 12.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Surely the whole point that PROPER sports are divided is because men are stronger than women (i.e football, rugby etc) - so it's actually a safety issue? Shouldn't be any problem with women joining darts - can't really envisage any real argument against it?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Surely the whole point that PROPER sports are divided is because men are stronger than women (i.e football, rugby etc) - so it's actually a safety issue? Shouldn't be any problem with women joining darts - can't really envisage any real argument against it?

Darts is a proper sport Laura!

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Michelle Wie played in the USPGA and I don't hear many people saying golf is not a PROPER sport.

Darts is a sport and if she wins it good luck to her.She would deserve to be called World Champion (well the PDC World Champion)

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
It's as much a sport as chess and snooker are - that's why they don't include it in the olympics!

It takes precision, yes, but not strength, agility etc.

Some of those quality darts are well heavy Laura and you have to hold a whole pint in the other hand.

I like playing darts but watching it is pretty dire so I've gone for 'I'd give her one up the bullseye' option.

What about equestrian sports?

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
When there is no contact - it is ok for the women to play alongside/against the men. Where there is contact it is not. So I'm ok with women in darts - the men are probably just frightened of being beaten!

Phil Taylor was downright prehistoric in his answer on the BBC news last night! :lol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's as much a sport as chess and snooker are - that's why they don't include it in the olympics!

It takes precision, yes, but not strength, agility etc.
"Pound for pound your average darts player is fitter than a premiership footballer" - Sid Wadell

She should definitely be allowed. She to mardle to a deciding leg in the Grand Slam, and after watching a couple of qualifiers she is a far, far superior player to some of the men who are going to be in the first round.
And I'd probably do her :thumbsup:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Mixed doubles in;
Tennis
Badminton
Squash

Males and females (can) compete in horse racing, motor racing [must be loads of others]

My view is; "if you're good enough, why not?"

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Its a mans game.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Dont see why she shouldnt be allowed to play against the men (hardly a fat moose is she ? ). Shes never beaten a man at darts yet so her male opponents must be very wary when playing her as they are always expected to win.

Anastasia-Dobromyslova_1346379.jpg

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I'd say that archery and equestrian events do take physical agility and strength!

They'll be having shagging in the next Olympics at this rate then. Bet all the 'real men' won't be complaining about women taking part then. Fancy getting a team together Laura?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here