Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves pubs

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Apols if fixtures...

Anyone know any decent pubs in Wolverhampton? Are there any?!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was a thread on EnglandFans forum about this. Sounds like a lot of pubs are home only.

Beer: Most pubs in the town now are for home fans only and if you're not a familiar face or wearing Gold and Black they'll ask you for your ticket. However with your wife I doubt you'll have any problems.

Walkabout is a designated away fans pub, you'd be aright in Yates too. Stay away from the crossroads with Royal London, Hoggs Head and Varsity on it, lady in tow or not you may get hassle with your accent.

In the road opposite Yates there are a couple of ale pubs which might be of interest too; they're on Victoria street.

Great Western had a few shouts too

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
As long as you don't wear colours youi'll be fine in 95% of places.

I would recommend the Great Western which is right out of the train station then you go back under the station to the end and then right again and it's straight in front of you. Alternatively another black cuntry boozer is the Tap & Spile in the centre of the town. It's a great place for the stadium less than 5 minutes walk from the centre of town and some 20+ pubs.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Walkabout is a designated away fans pub, you'd be aright in Yates too. Stay away from the crossroads with Royal London, Hoggs Head and Varsity on it, lady in tow or not you may get hassle with your accent.

Strange advice. I lived in Wolverhampton from 2006 until January this year, before moving to the bright lights of Dudley. I've never had problems with this crossroads, despite spending several Saturday afternoons in residence at the Royal London and the (now closed) Varsity, wearing a Brighton top and watching the scores come in (usually with my mate in his Brizzle City top).

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dunno why you would wear colours if you are going by anything other than coach/minibus personally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here