Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean Souvenirs

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
I was just thinking about the last game at the Goldstone and how at the end many fans were ripping out seats, ripping up grass and taking all and sundrie away as souvenirs.
Will the same happen after the last game at Withdean before moving into Falmer ?
And what would you take if anything at all ?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Block H Sign will see my phillips screwdriver come May 2011

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...I think they will get mighty pee'd off if someone starts digging up chunks of the running track or shovelling the sand out of the long jump pit into a wheelbarrow!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'll take a few memories, by the time Falmer arrives, I will have served 8 seasons as a STH in the South Stand, the opening game, right up to the last home match. A gap in the middle where I had 3 kids (I know, poor excuse).

I still won't be sad to see it go though!

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I'm going to LEAVE a souvenier, I may take a shit in the centre circle ! f***ing horrible place. Why would anyone want to remember it ? It served a purpose and thats it, I hold no affection for it what so ever !

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'll have the athletics track.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Nothing, don't consider it ours so don't feel any right to take.
I didn't take anything when we finished at Gillingham either :shrug:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
If you look at the trophies per year ratio its got to be one of the most successfull grounds in the football League!

Im going to miss it in a weird sort of way. It might not be the prettiest or the best but it braught the Albion home and its where I started watching the Albion properly so I'll have some good memories from there!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
No, because I think it is unfair to rip it apart. It isn't our ground and it isn't getting demolished - other people will need to use it after us.

It has been a good tempoary home, and it would be nice to commemorate the Withdean years in soome way, but I guess that is what the museum at the Community Stadium will be for.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I quite fancy one of those dugout extensions as a garden seat. I might have problems getting it out the gate though, perhaps it could be dismantled bit by bit and taken out over the last few games, I'm sure no one would notice!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'm going to DRAG the clock home if it takes me all evening:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here