Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean Capacity

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
According to SkySports the capacity at Withdean is 7,045, but I am sure that we have never had a crowd that large, even when matches have totally sold out, any ideas why?

Nov 3, 2003
sum seats are always left for segregation which makes a mockery of the capacity plus of course the attendance is ONLy those that actually sit their backsides on seats not those that stand up they arent counted or is it those that have tickets but dont go througfh the turnstiles?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Where are the 2000 extra seats we were pushing for ?

Only joking.

At this rate the club are more likely to remove some to inflate our attendance percentage !

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
FG aka Football Genius. said:
sum seats are always left for segregation which makes a mockery of the capacity plus of course the attendance is ONLy those that actually sit their backsides on seats not those that stand up they arent counted or is it those that have tickets but dont go througfh the turnstiles?

What?!

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
still about 5000 season ticket holders.so even ehen they don't attend the seat is still sold and the tickets that get returned from the away team these should be advertised better that some are still for sale but the fact that get returned 2 days before the game does'nt help.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I remember the Chesterfield game that clinched us the championship. Biggest match for years and there were empty seats next to me, in front of me and behind me.

I'm surprised the club doesn't do more to put unwanted seats back on the market; there have been occasions when I haven't been able to get to a game but as I live in London couldn't find it convenient to sell my ticket.

There should be a way for the club to take back season tickets and resell them - they could even make a few more bob. It's easily done over the Internet but seeing that the club can't keep its website updated it's not likely to happen.

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
trouble is with a season ticket it's not thier problem anymore as it's already sold in thier eyes.ticket board on here is a good start though

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Gwylan said:
I remember the Chesterfield game that clinched us the championship. Biggest match for years and there were empty seats next to me, in front of me and behind me.

That news really pisses me off! I was unable to get a ticket for that game (as it had been rearranged from a date when I was on holiday).

I did think the capacity was a few over 7000, so the figure in the first post is probably right. Season ticket holders not turning up is the most likely reason for below capacity crowds. I'm sure all the tickets were sold for the Wycombe game, but there were 800 empty seats, which is quite alarming!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
mitch said:
still about 5000 season ticket holders.so even ehen they don't attend the seat is still sold and the tickets that get returned from the away team these should be advertised better that some are still for sale but the fact that get returned 2 days before the game does'nt help.

If a season ticket holder can't go, their seat isn't sold anyway, because technically, the ticket is non-transferrable.

The attendance on the day is how many times the turnstiles click, not how many tickets are sold. It baffles me when the club say that a match is sold out and the attendance is then listed as 6,143 - their can't be that many people who decide they can't go after all.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
It's because of one withdean nimby who protested so it has gone to a public enquiry plus they are still sorting out the park and ride.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
FOr about half the games this season I have had two empty seats next to me. Its nice as I get to stretch out a bit but I'd rather see them filled, then agin the couple who own the seats sometimes don't even get up when we score so its not like it makes any difference if they are there or not.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I did a quick calculation. Say season ticket holders could sell unwanted tickets back to the club for a tenner (better than nothing) and the club resold them for £20.

If the club could resell 300 tickets a match, that's an extra £3000 (plus the extra money on programme sales/golden goal tickets).
It would be worth giving it a go.

I wouldn't use the board on here. I tried getting rid of a ticket online once, spent an extra £2 to send it recorded delivery and the recipient didn't cough up any money. I'm not wasting my time and money doing that again.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
if it's based on the number of people going through the turnstiles I'm surprised the crowd ever reaches 6,000 given the number of comps streaming through the car park/north stand gates.

It'd be interesting to know how many comps are handed out at each match - Caplin seems to get plenty!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
timbha said:
if it's based on the number of people going through the turnstiles I'm surprised the crowd ever reaches 6,000 given the number of comps streaming through the car park/north stand gates.

It'd be interesting to know how many comps are handed out at each match - Caplin seems to get plenty!

you should see charlie oatway and cullip!! one of the days when i was in the ticket box at withdean with a mate, danny had about 15 and charlie had about the same!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gwylan said:

I wouldn't use the board on here. I tried getting rid of a ticket online once, spent an extra £2 to send it recorded delivery and the recipient didn't cough up any money. I'm not wasting my time and money doing that again.

I have bought tickets through nsc and sold mine on a couple of times now I am a season ticket holder. I haven't had any problems. You must have been unlucky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here