Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean - A theatre of dreams?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Does anyone know if we are still on schedule to complete the upgrade of Withdean? I just drove past and some lorries have arrived with the extra seats. And what a stdium it will become!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I missed the Norwich game . What stage we up too ?

Be great to see some seats in there on Saturday

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The seats have arrived and the trucks are sitting outside, but the cutting away of the bank doesnt seem to have progressed much. Mind you, when the other seats go upto the open it looks very similar.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dougal said:
I missed the Norwich game . What stage we up too ?

Be great to see some seats in there on Saturday

Unless they've been working 24/7 since Norwich I wouldn't expect to see any seats up this side of Xmas.

There was a semi -circle of tiny white cliffs of Withdean along the whole West (?) side, where a JCB digger/bulldozer had been at work and that's about it. Then again I'm not a builder so haven't really got a scooby how far advanced the work is.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Unless they've been working 24/7 since Norwich I wouldn't expect to see any seats up this side of Xmas.

There was a semi -circle of tiny white cliffs of Withdean along the whole West (?) side, where a JCB digger/bulldozer had been at work and that's about it. Then again I'm not a builder so haven't really got a scooby how far advanced the work is.

They can put them up surprisingly quickly. Can't see them being ready for Saturday, but should all be done for the next match. Not much civil work is required to put them up on. Just hack away at the bank to get the desired slope and maybe a few concrete foundations posts to build the structure on.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Well I did ask but Insider appears to have vanished.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Well I did ask but Insider appears to have vanished.

Is he also a builder/contractor, probably busy if he is :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here