Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

with noone now with us ,will we ever see lualua back

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
with noone now signed do you think gus will still want lualua back when hes fit,unless we have kaz on the left wing noone on the right wing and bennet in midfield ?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I was thinking just this, and the answer is yes! Kaz is mostly kept on the bench for away games, so if Noone or Bennett is injured/having an off day/tired/booked etc then he is right there to come on!

At home we can play all three!!

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
With Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield all to play at Withdean at the end of the season, it would be bloody good to get him back as well

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Lets wait and see what Noone has to offer in our set up before we nake our minds up on that one. Looking at the highlights on the Plymouth Player he will cover most of what KLL offered if not quite with the lightening pace.....

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Noone is left footed. LuaLua is right footed. I will never like the inverting of wingers, you don't do it with fullbacks and it's not a good idea with wingers either as far as I am concerned. Good as though Robben is playing on the right and cutting in, it condenses the game and the last thing we need is to become even more narrow. People have been talking about teams working us out, and the reason is we've become easy to defend against because we have no width. Noone will address that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd love us to get Kaz back and bid for him. We'll need a big squad to go up / if we go up...

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Gus has pretty much said he'd have Kaz back in a heartbeat already so fingers crossed we will see him in an Albion shirt again.

Now Noone is in the bag would like to see us go for some centre midfield attacking flair.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I agree entirely with Ninja that our biggest problem of late has been the loss of width since Kazenga's injury. It has been the difference between our ability to unlock defences and our subsequant failure to do so. Signing Noone helps to address that and once we have that extra edge to push defences back you will find that our defence suddenly becomes more secure again.

We just need to have one person on form to put away chances whether new or from the existing squad

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Agree, but it is very good to have wingers who can play on both sides. Makes us more flexible. We can also swap them during the game to keep the opposition on their toes.

I don't like that tactic, if we keep Bennett out wide on the other side then that's a bit different, but I don't like leaving the flanks exposed. The goals we conceeded at Hartlepool were all from crosses into the box because there wasn't enough protection to either fullback. When it works, it works well and Noone has plenty of experience playing on both sides, but I'd prefer him to stay wide on the left and have Bennett wide on the right. That would free up Sparrow to charge forward from midfield aswell, in theory. And it would make us more solid defensively again.

It's great that we've got a proper left footed midfielder.

100% agree. Kevin McLeod is the closest we've come to properly replacing Nathan Jones (yes, THAT long since we had a proper left footed winger). Forgetting Alexandre Frutos of course....

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
All i hear is 20 goal strikers & wingers but what i dont hear is defending for
90 minutes.
how many points have we lost this season in the last 5 minutes.

rochdale (h) 2 points
tranmere (a) 1 point
bournemouth (h) 2 points
bristol rovers (h) 2 points
huddersfield (a) 1 point

we would be out of sight if we
secured theses games

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Only problem is I can't see Pardew loaning him back to us, he isn't exactly our best mate is he.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Personally I am a fan of switching wingers during the game as it keeps the opposition guessing. As for KLL I would love to have him back but on a permanent deal as I do not think you can have too many quality players...The problem is That **** Pardew (to once again give him his full-name) hates us and I cannot see him ever doing us any favours so I very doubt we will ever see KLL again.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Pardew will send LuaLua back out on loan but it won't be to us.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I think that pardew has more on his plate than worrying about us.

probably give us kas back to stop southampton going up.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
All i hear is 20 goal strikers & wingers but what i dont hear is defending for
90 minutes.
how many points have we lost this season in the last 5 minutes.

rochdale (h) 2 points
tranmere (a) 1 point
bournemouth (h) 2 points
bristol rovers (h) 2 points
huddersfield (a) 1 point

we would be out of sight if we
secured theses games

We could have also secured these points by finishing better and killing these games off.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Lua Lua will always be black

Edit: misread thread title

:lolol: Fantastic.

Personally, I think that we should be looking at playing Bennett off a striker, longer term. Ideally for me, we'd have a 4-4-1-1 (which isn't dissimilar from our general shape anyway) with two natural wingers and then Bennett floating about between the striker and the midfielders. We've been linked (tentatively) with JP McGovern at Swindon and knowing what I do about him, he would be perfect for us. With Noone on the left and him on the right, we'd be unstoppable with Bennett floating about feeding balls into the wingers to supply Murray!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here