Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wishing I Was Lucky

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
No not the cheesfest of an 80's track by Wet Wet Wet, but I was just thinking - I have never won zip in my meagre existance.

Wondered if anyone on NSC has ever won anything substantial in their life? (please £10 lottery wins do not count - note the word substantial)

Lets see how lucky NSC is.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I got a free £25 from Sportingodds.com when Bozza pointed out their buffonary. :) Apart from that..

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I won a Sega games system once from a competition on a Rice Krispies box. Never actually bought any games for it though, and flogged it to a neighbouring child for a few quid.

And (this is MUCH better) when I was about 6, I won a Fraggle Rock jigsaw from an Argus competition. When you pieced it together it featured Marjorie the Talking Trash Heap, amongst assorted Fraggles.

Hours of fun :lolol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
My sister won first division lotto in Australia in a syndicate with her fellow kindy teachers.... they shared over $1M Australian between 6 or 7 of them...

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I recently won £160 in the NSC Naps Challenge. :drink:

I also won an Aphex Aural Exciter Type C (whatever that is) in a Sight and Sound Magazine competition many years ago.

D

Deleted User X18H

Cue that lucky ex Bain Hogg/Clarkson accounts clerk whose mum brought him a premium bond ............. you know who you are.

Jealous moi ...................... very.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But can any of these REALLY compete with my Fraggle Rock jigsaw??

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Deano's Right Foot said:
I noticed at the Albion racday that a Mrs K Valder won a £250 BUILDER'S MERCHANT voucher in the raffle. Is this person related to you and Safeway? Top prize btw. :)
Yes, it was actually Mr K Valder... Another uncle of both me & Safegay.

I also won £60 from the measly NSCers for the Cheltenham challenge... Although i'm still owed £20 AHEM!!!

:lolol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
£1000, from sticking £100 at 10-1 on the Albion to win Div 3 in 2000-1. Placed the bet the day Bobby signed.

How happy was I when Sir Danny rose to head the winner against Cheaterfraud!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
When in the Junior Seagulls I won a complete car set!

other than that a couple 4 numbers on the lotto, nothing greater than £90 though

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
edna krabappel said:
But can any of these REALLY compete with my Fraggle Rock jigsaw??

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Yes, I won an Orinoco cuddly toy at a fair in Haywards Heath in 1976 and was presented it by Orinocco and Great Uncle Bulgaria in person. I didn't wash my hand for a week after they shook it!

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
About 5 years ago I won £1600 on a £2 stake for predicting the winners of all the divisions.

I blew it all on one no-comfort-spared trip to New York.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
ok it was me the Bain Clarkson accounts clerk that won the premium bonds....

It was my Nan who bought me the ticket though.

£100,000 better of for it.
:ascarf:

I take it I know who you are Hove Born and Bred ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here