Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wise quits Leeds

Wise quits Leeds for Magpies role
Leeds United have agreed to let manager Dennis Wise join Newcastle in an as yet unspecified role.
Wise, 41, will join the club on Tuesday and will work under Kevin Keegan, who returned for a second spell as Magpies manager earlier this month.

A club statement said: "We have agreed a compensation package with Newcastle for the services of Dennis Wise.

"He will part with the club on Tuesday after completing preparations for the game at Southend on Tuesday."

The statement added: "Newcastle had approached us for permission to speak with Dennis on Friday and since then things have happened very quickly."

Newcastle great Alan Shearer held talks with Keegan last week but has made it clear he will not return to St James' Park as his number two.

Wise played for England under Keegan and has enhanced his standing at Leeds.

The former Chelsea captain has guided his team into play-off contention in League One despite them starting the season on minus 15 points.

606: DEBATE

That penalty followed their going into administration last season and being relegated, and money remains tight at Elland Road.

Keegan himself would not be drawn on the subject of Wise at a Newcastle media briefing on Monday.

"Obviously, there are going to be some moves at this club, but I think the chairman (Chris Mort) has really got to come out and say what that's all about later this week."

It is the second time this season that Leeds chairman Ken Bates has lost a member of his managerial team to a Premier League club following assistant manager Gus Poyet's move to Tottenham earlier in the season.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7213096.stm

Published: 2008/01/28 16:00:50 GMT

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Went to join a big club:thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Bollocks. He's a SHIT manager, and there's no way Leeds would have gone up with him in charge.

If it wasn't for the 15 points they would be 14 points clear of 3rd place

That penalty followed their going into administration last season and being relegated, and money remains tight at Elland Road.

Yet they still seem to be able to spend it, the Northern Rock of football.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Newcastle are run by a bunch of fuckwits. Wise is the biggest c unt in England.
Match made in heaven.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
If it wasn't for the 15 points they would be 14 points clear of 3rd place

i reckon i could have that team in third place. he has built a superb squad to get them out of this league, and forget the 15 points - they should be doing better than they are. dont think it is a coincidence how the wheels have come off the bandwagon since poyet left

if they can appoint a decent manager, as opposed to bates going for one of his mates, then i reckon we could see the early season leeds back

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
storer - bates is off as well in a few months which is partly why wise decided to go since he will be replaced in the summer had he stuck around. it wont be dolly. think a bit more hard grafter and with the gift of the gab that dolly was sadly lacking.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Bollocks. He's a SHIT manager, and there's no way Leeds would have gone up with him in charge.

Although they would be 14 points ahead of the play offs with out the -15 points??? So although I don't like to say it I think they may go up

Just looked at the table too - How the f*** are Walsall 4th - they were f***ing shite when we played them

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
If Adams went to leeds would he ever be forgiven ???

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Micky Adams is going to Southampton isn't he?

What has Dennis Wise ever done well? Apart from lamping that taxi driver?!?! He is the most obnoxious little twat ever and I can't see why KK wants him on board. Maybe he is there to take the crap if/when things go tits up!

Jimbo26

Jan 25, 2007
Portslade Old Village
Keegan isn't all that bright either. His team talk for Saturday was 'Lets pass the ball better than Arsenal'. Genius. 4 year contract worth about £14/£15 million. I am totally in the wrong job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here