Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Why don't they just PISS off

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think they run a little script in the background that waits for you to open up all your programs in the morning before popping up and saying "You need to restart your computer"

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You'll find that most of the updates patch your security. If you want to avoid them make yourself a 'restricted user'.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
This is one thing I've really noticed on the odd occasion I've used a PC rather than my normal Mac.

On a PC, you seem to spend 90% of your time downloading and installing a gazilion updates, rather than doing the actual tasks you intended to. You can barely touch the keyboard without being told you need to update every single file, folder and programme, becuase you last updated them 27 minutes ago.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Force the updates to perform once you've done for the day on your pc - the updates can run in thr background.

Alternatively don't update windows and be open to malware, spyware, and remote attempts to hijack your pc. Your call.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Force the updates to perform once you've done for the day on your pc - the updates can run in thr background.

Alternatively don't update windows and be open to malware, spyware, and remote attempts to hijack your pc. Your call.

I have Stopzilla and AVG to do that and it always seems to be Stopzilla that gives me any warnings

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here