Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Windows Support Scam

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I had a spate of these calls a few weeks ago. Ended up telling them to f*** off & they did.

superwomen

Apr 19, 2011
Hove
there was a good article on the BBC website last week when someone rang Rory Callan-Jones - I usually tell then either I havent a computer or for there phone number - they usually hang up

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I had one this week. I had a laugh with him, making out I had no idea about pc's and how they work. Eventually, after going VERY slowly throughout ( I didn't even have the pc on,BTW), I said I have a message on the screen. He said, 'Oh really, what does it say?'
I said, 'It says, f*** off you f***ing scammer'. He went absolutely ape-shit!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I got so annoyed I forgot about the mini-pizza in the oven. Burnt now.

It might be interesting to pretend to go along with the scam to find out what they are up to. Trouble was the telephone reception was naff and I could not understand his accent.

Tony the Pony

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
I had one of these calls a couple of years ago when I was listening to the Ashes.

I said I'll have to go and switch the PC on, and left the phone by the radio.

Surprisingly, when I came back after half an hour, he had hung up!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I had one this week. I had a laugh with him, making out I had no idea about pc's and how they work. Eventually, after going VERY slowly throughout ( I didn't even have the pc on,BTW), I said I have a message on the screen. He said, 'Oh really, what does it say?'
I said, 'It says, f*** off you f***ing scammer'. He went absolutely ape-shit!!

Ditto! I had a spate of those calls and on one of the most recent I of course diligently followed his instructions. I then declared that I was getting a DOS screen message saying F-U-C-K O-F-F. The hilarity was that he could not spell and he did not twig and just kept denying that I was seeing any message. It was only when I explained that the message appeared to be telling him to f*** off did catch on and terminated the call.

I now look forward to these calls on the basis of a bit of fun and chance to waste their time.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS: I did not know it was a scam as I had never heard it before. I thought it was someone selling computer software with a trick. he sounded more like a gas or electric company salesman than anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here