Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Window Cleaner Killed By Giant PENCIL

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Shouldn't laugh but that is a TEXTBOOK front cover and associated A-Board from todays Argus :clap:

oh and I suppose there is a pretty young lady that most of NSC will call ugly

Attachments

• IMG_0890.jpg
    IMG_0890.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 881

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
That is magnificent. Headline of the year.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Awful circumstances, he had a psychotic illness in 2006 with hearing voices in his head. Just smoking one joint of strong skunk can trigger schizophrenia.

Quite shocking. What a crap headline trying to get cheap laughs. The Argus is a f***ing disgrace.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
"A baffled coroner recorded an open verdict over the death of a window cleaner who bled to death after apparently stabbing himself repeatedly in the groin with a souvenir pencil." :eek:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Awful circumstances, he had a psychotic illness in 2006 with hearing voices in his head. Just smoking one joint of strong skunk can trigger schizophrenia.

Quite shocking. What a crap headline trying to get cheap laughs. The Argus is a f***ing disgrace.

Agree with that. Sort of headline you'd expect from the Sport

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
The Argus's 'poor taste factor' seems to fluctuate from average to extremely poor, no doubt in direct proportion to its sales failing to hit targets.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The headline "Open verdict on window cleaner's mysterious death" isn't quite as good though. I guess you lot are like like the hamburger. Beef does all the hard work, Ham gets all the credit

No, but perhaps less flippant about someone's death...

Isn't the Argus owned by ultimately the same lot as your paper though?

Nope. They are Newsquest I believe. We are Johnston Press.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Argus seems to have been playing it very fast and loose with matters of discretion recently; I can't believe how many tact-free comments about people who have just died in car crashes "deserved it" for being such bad drivers etc get left unmoderated on its website, for example.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Was it lead poisoning?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here